2021 Sub 3:00 Marathon Thread (Read 453 times)

Got it. I was picturing you on the course the day before with a wheel measuring it out.  Your method is much easier!

2:52:16 (2018)

CalBears

I signed up for CIM. We shall see how the next 8 months goes to determine what a goal would be. Obvious goal is a sub 3 because I expect my 2019 time to be useless once I've applied to the October COVID 19 Boston Marathon.

Awesome! Now I have a goal to train for. It's going to be a great revenge this time - no more games Scott! Prepare yourself for loosing to a very old gray haired dude 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I am signed up for CIM and Indy. I'd like to do CIM, but there's a good chance I have to do Indy due to a planned trip. My training has been terrible, but I'm looking forward to building mileage through August when the real training starts.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Awesome! Now I have a goal to train for. It's going to be a great revenge this time - no more games Scott! Prepare yourself for loosing to a very old gray haired dude 

Between you and CommanderKeen I have my work cut out for me. I just want to run a sub3 so I can show my face around here more frequently.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

cinnamon girl

Good Luck JT and I hope you have a great race after such solid training would be sweet. How’s the forecast now?

Good Luck JT and I hope you have a great race after such solid training would be sweet. Is it Saturday or Sunday? How’s the forecast now?

Thanks Cinnamon; the race is Sunday. You prompted me to check the weather for the umpteenth time today!  It's looking pretty good now; dropped down a few degrees and the wind is less. Looks like 48 at the start and 52 at the finish, overcast but rain will hold off (please!!) till the afternoon. And the wind should be mostly a crosswind. I'm feeling ready to go and kind of wish it was tomorrow morning! Resting HR is low now which is a good sign I think.

BTW, I updated the table for Cal and RP doing CIM. Let me know if you guys are doing Boston in October for sure.  JMac; let me know if I should put you down for Indy or CIM in the table. Sounds like Indy?

Also if there are any other races I should put in the table let me know, I might have missed some that were mentioned.

2:52:16 (2018)

How do you say "checkers or wreckers" in Russian?

cinnamon girl

50 degrees and overcast is awesome!! 
                  Run smart, run tall, run strong, and kill it at the end!

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

JT - It looks like you’ve finally got some good marathon weather! Good luck. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

OMR

good luck, JT!

CalBears

I didn't hear that phrase before, but after some research and thinking , I think the best equivalent in meaning would be "пан или пропал". I hope you will sleep better after you learned that .

JTR - Good luck!

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Running Problem

Problem Child

RunningProblem liked your comment.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

I didn't hear that phrase before, but after some research and thinking , I think the best equivalent in meaning would be "пан или пропал". I hope you will sleep better after you learned that .

JTR - Good luck!

It’s an old white trash saying used by racers. It means we’re going for the win all out and we either win, or destroy everything we’ve worked so hard to build in the process of going for the win. Also, it was in my race story from 2019

JT Honestly, I doubt I’ll get in. 20k spots for a ‘maybe’ race and times from 2018 are allowed? I’m expecting the first ever BQ-8:43 to get in and no adjustment.

VDOT 53.37 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I won't be able to sleep until I figure out how to pronounce it.

Running Problem - my hunch is that Boston may be less popular this year, as a lot of people just don't want to deal with what looks like a lot of uncertainty and Covid protocols, combined with so many other great races in the same time frame.  I don't know of anyone from my running team who is planning on entering it, so far, and we traditionally send at least 5-10 people up there each year.

Of course, the affection some people have for Boston never fails to surprise me, so I could be wrong.

JTReeves - have a great race!!!!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Darkwave interesting. I expect people to be all gung-ho‘I’m vaccinated and this will be my last’ about it. If I get in I’m not racing it. CIM will be the goal. Kind of disappointing as I wanted to compare the two courses with equal commitment. Now it’s just an expensive trip to see a friend and a mini parade to buy an overpriced souvenir I’m not too excited about anymore. If I get in.

VDOT 53.37