christmas runnin (Read 636 times)

run4fun8910

So who here will be running on Christmas.
    Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
    pitrunner

Count me in. I'm scheduled for 4 that day. Should make me feel better after I eat yummy pancakes at brunch with mom and before heading to Xmas dinner with the fiance's boring family. Wait! I just had a thought - is "oh shucks, can't come to dinner because I have to run" a good reason to get out of dinner?? Wink
      run4fun8910

thats the spirit pit runner. It is a rest day for me but I that is my back up plan. Things can get really chaotic at our house. So I reserve the right to run at any time on that day.
        Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
          Hey w hy not nothing else to do at 7:30 am. SurprisedTuesday is usually a rest day after squats and 4 miles on Monday but my wife is scheduled for 4 miles so I may as well go with her. Also a chance to burn some these extra calories.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Peter Mittwede

I will not be running, not because it's Christmas, but because I ran 21 miles up and down mountains today, and need a day off.

New Runner

I have 2mi scheduled for tomorrow.
                I have three scheduled tomorrow. I actually start my 18-week marathon program tomorrow.
                Sulli42

I'm in for 5 miles. Gotta burn off that Christmas Eve dinner.
                  Doug Little

Count me in for 7 or 8 miles. Full moon, low temps. heck, I might even see Santa stuck in some tree. Running via moonlight is my favorite. I compeltely become absorbed and also don't realize that my breath is freezing to my beard! Doug
                    Doug Little

I will not be running, not because it's Christmas, but because I ran 21 miles up and down mountains today, and need a day off.
                      21 miles on the mountains. Good for you! Where? doug..from the Smoky Mtns
                        i'm up and ready to go - just waiting for OH. 5 miles for us then smoked salmon and champagne for breakfast Smile
                          12-16 for me. Partly b/c I'll be an orphan this xmas, partly b/c I need one more long run before my next HM (1/6). Should be an interesting run-empty streets, 70 degree weather...Hopefully there will be other runners out there.

Think Whirled Peas

I have three scheduled tomorrow. I actually start my 18-week marathon program tomorrow.
                            Good luck Makers!!!! What program are you following?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

So who here will be running on Christmas.
                              I will. Since I won't be working, I'll do more than my usual Tuesday run. I'm going to plan for 10 but if it feels good, I'll do more. My usual Tu & Thu runs are 6-8.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Ooohhhhhh how I love marathon training ..... but I have to stop for a while. After the Bi-Lo, I'm going to reduce my already low mileage but increase my speed and try to rip up the local 5k circuit next spring/summer. Be sure to keep your log updated and post a weekly report. There are many seasoned veterans here to help you in your quest. Wishing you huge success.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.