1 day to go (to Boston) (Read 3437 times)

Yay Missy!

I want a Boston result like yours. Last year, not this year. Smile

Following your progress will be exciting and looking forward to seeing you once again.

Are we there yet?

Clear!   ZAP!

I'm trying to revive this thread... so how many 20+ runs before Boston??

3 months out today!!

Clear!   ZAP!

Clear!   ZAP!

3 months out today!!

Clear!   ZAP!

Thanks for resuscitating. I was just thinking of the same.

Now 90 days to go (thread title updated)

Not sure how many 20+ milers but I am planning on my last one on the Saturday 16 days prior to race.

Right on Hereford...

I've got four planned, with the last one three weeks out. Also planning a half marathon on March 14 (5 weeks out) and a 10k or two.

I ran an 18-miler with the last 10 at marathon pace on Sunday. Felt a little labored, but ok.

Way to many I think. I've already done 2, I think I've got 5-6 more...

I've got four planned, with the last one three weeks out. Also planning a half marathon on March 14 (5 weeks out) and a 10k or two.

I ran an 18-miler with the last 10 at marathon pace on Sunday. Felt a little labored, but ok.

Wow, you two are making me feel behind the game already.  I'm planning 17-18 tomorow, 18-19 next week, and then a 20 miler most  weeks up until 2.5 weeks before the race (I'm off Wednesdays). 

I would not want to think about an 18 miler with 10 at Mp at the moment.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Sorry, bit of log stalking.  Wow, is that really a 20 miler at mp I see?  That kind of workout would trash the rest of my week.  Doesn't that leave you a bit drained, you are apparently much tougher than I.

MTA:Sorry I actually clicked in and looked at the run and feel a bit better about myself now.  Still very impressive workout especially this far out from the race.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Log stalking is fun. I do it all the time.... It looks like you run a lot of your easy stuff way too fast... Wink

I used to break down the runs into easy, MP, easy, but I always wanted to see what I ran for the entire distance of the run. So yes, it was 7E + 10MP + 3E. I've got one more of these MP runs left on 2.13.2010 that will most likely be 6E+12MP+2E. I then go on vacation immediately after that for 11 days Smile Luckily my vacation lines up with a cutback week.

I'm running a 25k on 3.7, probably a 4 mile race on 3.20, a HM on 3.28 (most of the first 10 miles will be @ GMP), and an 8k TT on 4.3...

Sorry, bit of log stalking.  Wow, is that really a 20 miler at mp I see?  That kind of workout would trash the rest of my week.  Doesn't that leave you a bit drained, you are apparently much tougher than I.

MTA:Sorry I actually clicked in and looked at the run and feel a bit better about myself now.  Still very impressive workout especially this far out from the race.

I'm running a 25k on 3.7, probably a 4 mile race on 3.20, a HM on 3.28 (most of the first 10 miles will be @ GMP), and an 8k TT on 4.3...

I usually like to run a HM 4-6 weeks out but I can't find one that is reasonably close to me in that time frame this year.  I have a fairly rugged 7.25 mile trail race this Sunday, mostly for that one I'm hoping not to injure myself too much.

JimR

I thought this thread was about golf season Sad

I think I have 5, but could be more if I am an idiot.

~Sara
                        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Are we there yet?

I usually like to run a HM 4-6 weeks out but I can't find one that is reasonably close to me in that time frame this year.  I have a fairly rugged 7.25 mile trail race this Sunday, mostly for that one I'm hoping not to injure myself too much.

Good luck in the race! 

I am all about using races as speedwork for my marathon training however you make a valid point about injury because I let loose in a 5K last fall in preparation for my Dec. marathon and sure enough got injured...

This time I will try not to have a PR in every race distance on the way to Boston

I even find it a valid excuse not to do any heavy lifting around the house

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Yep. Changed the thread title

E.J.
                                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.