1 day to go (to Boston) (Read 3437 times)

lostinthenet - I see you live in Marlborough, I am staying in a hotel in Marlborough.  How do you get back to the start after the race.  I have heard it's pretty easy to catch a shuttle back to the start.
    lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I do live in Marlborough. I will not be heading back to the start. Depending on what time you want to get to the start. my wife will be working water stop 1 and She drops me off for the start. If you wanted We could give you a ride to the start. After the race last yr I took the T back to Riverside and my wife drove us home from there. I am not sure about shuttles but I'm sure there are some.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Thanks for the info and the offer.  I am planning on having the wife drop me off at the state park and take the shuttle from there to the start area. 

I was having trouble decoding the transit schedule.  I see where the Riverside station is now and I think I will use that as the backup plan if I can't get on the shuttles back to the state park.

Right on Hereford...

I plan on hitting Boston in the mouth and taking a big chunk off my PR.

How big?

The Thunder vs. Dakota Boston challenge could be interesting, or a blowout in either direction.

(Note to others: we both have a PR of 2:58:00)

MTA: bib #2410

mikeymike

Only 35 more days for me to order my personalized 2009 Boston Marathon DVD act now or miss this once in a lifetime chance operators are standing by.

Runners run

Could someone point out where I find my corral assignment?  I found my number on the BAA web page, but have been unable to find further information.  Thanks for any help.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Are we there yet?

I believe that it is the first number of your bib..

for example my bib# is 2194 and i guess my corral is 2

The Thunder

How big?

The Thunder vs. Dakota Boston challenge could be interesting, or a blowout in either direction.

Well....2:54:59 or bust.....but I could see a low 2:5- going down too.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Alright folks. Less than four weeks to go.

You talked bib assignments, hotels, injuries, travel, etc etc.

Someone share your upcoming key workouts or training plans. What are you doing to peak?

How big?

Well....2:54:59 or bust.....but I could see a low 2:5- going down too.

Like this.

Dakota & Thunder: Got a key workout(s) planned?  I'd love to see you both crack 2:55

Anyone look up the 2009 finishing time of the person wearing your bib?  Are they faster, slower, older or younger than you?

What are you doing to peak?

I ran a really sub-par 10k this past weekend. 

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but was aiming to hold back a bit and come in around 38 - 39.  Instead I ran almost full out and posted a 39:58.  I am really hoping this is indication of me being tired with no taper, and not of my fitness level being below what I hoped.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Anyone look up the 2009 finishing time of the person wearing your bib?  Are they faster, slower, older or younger than you?

Yes I did and she was 50 years old and ran a 4:33 Boston. Looks like she qualified in 2007 with a 3:49 so a tad slower than my BQ marathon.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

kcam

Hey that's kind of cool, never thought to do that! 

Last year #2088 finished in 2:54:31.  23 year old male, maybe a little too much testosterone - he went out with a 1:23:01 1st half and faded to 1:31:30 2nd half.  Not bad, young man.  I'll do my best this year to defend the reputation of bib# 2088! 

Right on Hereford...

Dakota & Thunder: Got a key workout(s) planned?  I'd love to see you both crack 2:55

Honestly, most of the hay is in the barn at this point. Still some key workouts left, though...

Tomorrow - 5x1200 at 5k pace

This Sunday - my last 20-miler

Two weeks from Boston - 10k race

The rest is just easy runs and some shorter/faster stuff.

I did have a great tempo run this past Saturday, though. I measured a 3-mile loop near my house and ran it twice. First lap at 6:28 pace and second lap at 6:13 pace, and finished with another minute at 6:08 pace. It ended up being just short of a full 10k with an average pace of 6:20 per mile.

Yeah, I should be able to run that pace, but the cool thing was that it felt totally smooth, controlled, and definitely tempo pace (i.e., not a race effort).

Of course, the next day's 17-miler felt like a friggin' death march the last 7 miles, yuck. But overall I am feeling good and ready.

Thunder, what about you? A couple more 50k "tuneup" races between now and Boston?

25388. . Last year it was a 43-yr-old German guy who finished in 4:47:39. Before I got injured and missed the peak training weeks I was aiming for sub 4:00. Now I'd settle for finishing and staying out of the med tent.