Best 800 Time in Country (Read 934 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Mark McCauley, a teammate of my son's at Greely High School, ran the 800 today in 1:54.16.  Not only did he beat the Maine state record by almost two seconds, he is currently the fastest 800 HS runner in the US!  Wow.  He will be running for Columbia next year.  The funny thing is, he doesn't train that hard.  His potential is unbelievable.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

run lots, mostly slow, sometimes fast  run FASTER

Smile

Also, very cool.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Or for the garmin wearers, run lots mostly DEFAULT.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

keeponrunning

holy smokes....he did that w/o training that hard?  one can only [currently] imagine what he can do when properly trained.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Mark McCauley, a teammate of my son's at Greely High School, ran the 800 today in 1:54.16.  Not only did he beat the Maine state record by almost two seconds, he is currently the fastest 800 HS runner in the US!  Wow.  He will be running for Columbia next year.  The funny thing is, he doesn't train that hard.  His potential is unbelievable.

There is a kid who is a senior now at hamden high school who ran a 1:51 last year as a junior, so far in the 1000 and 600 indoor he has run a 2:31 and a 1:20.63, he's ranked 3rd in the country for the 600

Not that 1:54 isnt an impressive time, but the reason he is ranked as well as he is is due to the fact that most states in the US dont run the open 800 indoors. most states use the 600 and 1000

"Our workouts are longer than our shorts" SHS XC 2008