3:20 Thrusts into RunningAhead in 2012 (Read 940 times)

paulski66

miscreant

My amazing accomplishments at the Monumental Marathon are missing from that list.

Otherwise, looks good. Collectively, we've had a pretty amazing year...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Sup doodz.  I like this forum a million billion times better than RWOL, so if I'm going to choose between the two, this wins handily.

Sorry some of the race times are missing.  Whoever started this year's thread is a total douchebag.  Roll eyes

Not much going on with me running-wise.  Kind of taking both a mental and physical break from running right now...I'm just kind of running little 5-6 milers when I feel like it.  Life-wise it's a totally different story.  My wife is due to give birth to our first ~17 days from now...so she could literally go any day now, which is really exciting.

Sorry for the selfish post..just kind of popping in occasionally to let you guys know I'm thinking about you.  Hopefully when the baby comes and a new "normal" is established I'll get back into the swing of things.

Strict WTF adherent

KPH - might I suggest sleeping for the next 17 days straight?

itstonz

Man its Hot Here

Exciting time KPH,really cool. Fully agree with McBEN Id say sleep loads then sleep again you'll be needing it

LOL, I'll get right on that.

OMR

My amazing accomplishments at the Monumental Marathon are missing from that list.

Otherwise, looks good. Collectively, we've had a pretty amazing year...

Haha...mine were failed attempts, so the list looks better without them posted!

KPH:  Shouldn't you be sleeping???

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

+1

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

paulski66

miscreant

Haha...mine were failed attempts, so the list looks better without them posted!

KPH:  Shouldn't you be sleeping???

Failed my ass. Wasn't this your first year running marathons? Didn't you have a couple of low 3:20s?

Wish I had failed in my first year like that...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

Omar - Ski makes a great point, no shame in yo' game

Ski - you better?

6.5 GA this morning. One of these day's I'll get out of bed on time and get some decent miles in

OMR

Paulski/Nick:  Oh, I know (and yes, I had two between 3:20 and 3:25).  I'm not at all disappointed with my first year of running marathons.  Just didn't hit my goals for the second and third, mostly due to errors in training.

itstonz

Man its Hot Here

OMR Thats more then a good start to marathoning. I think you'll find that almost everyone,even those that are quite speedy now started with times slower then that. Also learnings the main thing about marathoning in my opinion,I sure haven't done the perfect race of perfect training cycle yet

KPH - sounds like you've opted for a 17 day taper. The hay's in the barn, so just enjoy it, you're going to rock it!  

I'm part of that 10% currently targeting 3:20, btw, McBen. But for some reason I'm thinking I can get there by focusing on going sub 1:30, though that'd be more than a 2 minute PR. Maybe I'm going about it ass-backward.

Nick - With 3 kids of my own (u listening kph?) I gotta do a lot of morning running too. I always spend 15 minutes longer in bed than I should, and 10 minutes longer dressing than I should. That's 3 miles a day, but it's hard to change.

SRLopez - Are you pacing Racherella in Honolulu?

11 today. Finally. Felt. Good.

xor

Ha.  No.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Nick - With 3 kids of my own (u listening kph?) I gotta do a lot of morning running too. I always spend 15 minutes longer in bed than I should, and 10 minutes longer dressing than I should. That's 3 miles a day, but it's hard to change.

runbo - you get used to the morning runs once you get into a routine. I have 3 kids too and if I did not get up at 4am to run during week I simply would not run period. Nights filled with shuttling kids to various activities, etc.

10+ miles today with a out-n-back 3 miles on HM course here I am training for. Easy first 5m and faster last 5m. felt good to get some miles on this hilly course.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???