3:20 Thrusts into RunningAhead in 2012 (Read 940 times)

So, I'm thinking I made the right call on switching to Tucson. Congrats again on toughing it out. I guess I'd like to have that story to tell, but I've spent most of the year training to PR. First Boston, now CIM -- no thanks. I'd at least like the chance this year, just once, to miss PRing because of training rather than weather.

This ^^^ is what sucks most about marathon training. In the back of my head I've considered going to CIM to try and get best possible PR. Had it been yesterday, I'd have pissed away four months of training and a grand. Ugh.

bhearn ~ Good luck in Tuscon; what's your BOTT. (RWOL 3:20 speak for Balls on the Table goal time)

FB ~ Nice RR. I saw that your were 10th again; that's pretty remarkable about effect of weather.

Jedi ~ Thanks. I figured it was somewhat hilly, since I've run around there. My kids live in Ship (and I used to). Still need to work out my schedule...

I actually got some decent photos from Saturday's race if anyone is interested: http://www.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/SearchBibNumber.aspx?_AccountNumber=13447&_EventID=1129062 

bib #2237 -- in the green t-shirt (some others are mixed in there)

Where's GIM? Need her to do some of her "magic."

Later.

bhearn

bhearn ~ Good luck in Tuscon; what's your BOTT. (RWOL 3:20 speak for Balls on the Table goal time)

BOTT? Maybe 2:57? PR is 2:58:41; I'll be pacing for 2:58. I'm not really in that kind of shape now, I think, but that was set at Boston, and Tucson (as well as CIM, ideally!) should be faster.

Jim E

FB - Great RR. I like how you just went for it despite the conditions. My kinda guy. Your chip did not register at the first two checkpoints, which had me worried a bit.

I can relate to long tapers. I came down with a bad case of PF after my tuneup half marathon four weeks prior to NYC. I did very little running and no speedwork for that time, and it was sort of under control, but might have been a problem during the race. I don't know how much fitness I lost, but I felt taper-normal apart from the PF, and of course the race didn't happen. After that I cut way back, it's nearly gone, and I've started a slow build. 37.4 miles in 4 days of running last week.

RTI

Quick drive by... FB great job again and I will try to get to the report. SRL - Although I didn"'t start posting until the move, I have been using RA for years. Love it. Dad - other than Disney in Jan nothing planned. I might try to hit a 5k or something soon. I think making a group would exclude people who want to join in. Since we have a good range of marathon times I think a lot of people can chime in or contribute. I'm not married to anything though.
          OMR

FB:  Awesome race report, and an unforgettable experience.

Jim:  Good to read you're in a building phase at this point.

Jim E

So what do we do to report spam around here? EDIT Never mind. Somebody jumped on that one pretty fast.
              xor

So what do we do to report spam around here?

This particular one has already been reported by the watchful eye of sauron.    The trick was that this fucker posted in lots of threads.

EDIT: and yes.  Welcome to not-RWOL.

fb-guy

I want to hear about Stig's taper. Come on; the guy's run 3,000 miles this year.

tapir

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Jedi ~ Thanks. I figured it was somewhat hilly, since I've run around there. My kids live in Ship (and I used to). Still need to work out my schedule...

I actually got some decent photos from Saturday's race if anyone is interested: http://www.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/SearchBibNumber.aspx?_AccountNumber=13447&_EventID=1129062 

bib #2237 -- in the green t-shirt (some others are mixed in there)

Dad - I actually work in Ship. Love running on the rail-trail sometimes.Nice pics! Plan on running HM course this weekend.

FB - great report on CIM. Way to gut it out!

So do does 3:20 usually list everyone's races in original post or not so much?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Hmmm....just may have to give this place a go......

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

FB - best looking tapir yet

RTI - time to smash a 5K PR?

MM - come on in, you know we don't bite!

Jedi - yes, normally the first post list the races and results for the year. I would assume we'll start a 2013 thread and the trend will continue.

Hey all

6.5 easy this morning

Purdey

Self anointed title

Do folks really target 3:20 these days? 

IK,R? I'm targeting 3:10.  I am a real quandary about whether to join this group or the sub 3 group.

Heh.  I'll start a 3:10 thread.

xor

IK,R? I'm targeting 3:10.  I am a real quandary about whether to join this group or the sub 3 group.

The folks from RWOL would approve of that.  (except they went to facebook)

pepperjack

pie man

I keeping typing 'running head' trying to get here.  Hmm...

11:11 3,000 (recent)

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

FWIW there are several members of this thread that will be targeting 3:10 this Spring.  (not trying to discourage the starting of a new thread, just letting you know)

PJ - better be careful with that...