Which Countries (or states) have you been to? (Read 203 times)

MrH

The North of America or The South of America? The Central, perchance?

It's a little shocking that someone from 'murica would need to ask that of a European.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

running metalhead

For Running?

Well, mostly Noord-Holland, Spain, South Korea and some very exotic places like the tropical Island of Flevoland and  the Democratic Republic of Gelderland, LOL, ah yes and Utrecht.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
      - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
      - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
      - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
      - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
      - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

xhristopher

Any discussion of countries will eventually broach the topic of the islands of the North Atlantic adjacent to continental Europe. There's a disappointing lack of precision in the thread when referencing these islands so far.  Hopefully this diagram will help:

Question: Is Sealand a British Isle too? Shouldn't it have it's own circle just outside of the blue circle in the lower right? What would it be labeled?

Just a dude.

Countries:

USA

Mexico

States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Idaho

Nevada

Utah

Arizona

Wyoming

Colorado

New Mexico

Texas

Kansas

Misouri

Illinois

Wisconsin

Kentucky

Tennessee

Georgia

Florida

Ohio

Massachusetts

New Hampshire

Pennsylvania

DC

Maryland

Delaware

Hawaii

Which is actually more than I thought...

Colorado barely counts. I've only been at the Denver airport...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Question: Is Sealand a British Isle too? Shouldn't it have it's own circle just outside of the blue circle in the lower right? What would it be labeled?

not only that... where are the Fuckin' Islands?  Didn't those Brits win a war with the Brazilions over those Islands back in the 50's?

MrH

Question: Is Sealand a British Isle too? 

Not recognized as anything. An inflatable airbed off the coast of Torremolinos is not a Spanish Island either.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

It's a little shocking that someone from 'murica would need to ask that of a European.

"America" is not a country and the use of the term to represent the United States of America, is often offensive to citizens of Central and South America as well as the other two countries which share the North American continent.

I believe that is the point that TanyaS was making.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I live in New York State and have been to Canada (before they implemented the passport requirement).  That's it for countries Smile

I have been to Pennsylvania, and one time drove down to North Carolina but didn't stop anywhere on the way except for gas so I wouldn't really count the states we travelled through.

I'm not much of a traveller.  I like where I live and don't have much desire to go to other places.

I'm hoping I win the prize for being least-travelled.

Leah, mother of dogs

MrH

And that was my point too.

The process is the goal.

Countries? States? I've never even been anywhere that isn't technically part of Greater Lowell.

Feeling the growl again

I grew up in Michigan's lower peninsula but went to college in the Upper Penninsula.  Those in the Upper refer to those from the Lower as "trolls" as they live "under the (Mackinac) bridge".  Hybrids are sometimes referred to as "troopers", as true UP native are Yoopers.

So I guess there are at least two trolls in this thread.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Teresadfp

One day at a time

A lot of US states, because my dad took us to engineering educator conferences every summer.  Still need to see Alaska.

Canada

Mexico

Jamaica

Panama

Costa Rica

Bahamas

England

France

Switzerland

Germany

Lichtenstein

Belgium

Austria

South Africa (will be there for the third time, two weeks from now!)

Best run: Cape Town, South Africa

wbudde

"America" is not a country and the use of the term to represent the United States of America, is often offensive to citizens of Central and South America as well as the other two countries which share the North American continent.

When did Central America become its own continent separate from the United States and two other countries in North America?

Birdwell

The real question is why on earth any lucky enough to be born in Les Etats Unis would ever need or want to go anywhere else?

My ancestors got on a boat out of the old country (Mayflower and some later trips) and we've never looked back.

mikeymike

There are no wrong answers here and you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Or something.

Runners run