Maps not working correctly (Read 636 times)

xjoaniex

I use Firefox 2.0.0.1 and XP Media Center. I set up a bunch of maps last weekend in the 'Satellite' view (because the map view does not have anything available for Bermuda where I live) and they were working great. When I go into them now, I get the route, the markers and I can even get the elevation but I do not see the actual satellite view of the map. WHen I go to maps, it is not giving me any sot of visual map in any of the views. Your help is appreciated. Joanie
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, Joanie. Disappearing maps in Bermuda, eh? And this is a mystery why? Clowning around Just kidding. I think it's a Google thing. I took a look at your maps because you've got them set to public, and I have the same issue with IE7. If you switch your map view over to "satellite" then the area shows up fine. Every once in a while I'll get something similar with my own maps. Try giving it a day or so (assuming it's Google's fault) and see if it doesn't clear up. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

I am working new routes for training and at about the .5 mile mark, be it a map or sat view it just stops working. BTW I am using E7

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

eric :)

Joanie, I checked out your maps and they seem to be working correctly. However, when you open the map, it does not automatically switch to satellite view. You'll have to change that manually. Maybe this was the issue? If not, let me know and I'll look more into it. eric Smile
          eric :)

I am working new routes for training and at about the .5 mile mark, be it a map or sat view it just stops working. BTW I am using E7
            Gregg, what kind of problem are you having? What happens when you hit 0.5 miles? I need more information than just "it's not working" (preferably how to reproduce it). eric Smile
            xjoaniex

Actually, I knew to switch to satellite view but the maps are not displaying in Firefox. I just checked IE7 and they do display there. For now, I can map out the route in IE. I just like being able to tell exactly how far I went. thanks