Effort vs Quality (Read 72 times)

AndyP19

Hi.

In the training log there is a rating out of 10 for effort and quality. 

I understand what effort is but what is meant by quality exactly?

Usually for long aerobic building runs I put 10 but I mean don't all run's have good quality depending on how you judge them? Recovery runs are good quality too.

Cyberic

I only use those fields for races, and I use "quality" as how I think I did. For a 5K race, for example, I can push like hell, blow up, slow down a lot but hang on as much as I can. The effort would be 10, but I would maybe put quality at 7. And one could argue that quality should be 3. Very subjective IMO.

Those fields are there for your use if you want them, and I don't think there'd a good way and a bad way to use them. It's your log. They would be useful to pull info from your log with a report. Like get all the runs with a quality of 9 or higher.

AndyP19

Nice one Cyberic Thanks!

AndyP19

Nice one Cyberic Thanks!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Totally up to you how you define them.  Mine tend to default to 7s, just because I enjoy running. If I'm just not feeling it on a given run, the effort might be higher and/or the quality might be lower. Races hopefully would reflect an 8-10 effort, and yes, the quality would reflect how I felt I did.  I don't think I've ever achieved a 10 quality in a race, but I keep trying.

Noblerunner

Link spam
              kcam

I've always used 'effort' as, well, effort.  I report 'quality' as whether I did the workout in the way I was supposed to do it.  If the day was supposed to be an EASY day, and I get suckered into running very fast I'd drop the quality rating on that run.  Same with a scheduled faster run that I didn't run fast.  A recovery day that I ran at recovery pace would be rated high on the quality scale and probably lower on the effort scale.