1000Km-621 mile club

March madness.... (Read 23 times)

Maggie & Molly

so with February behind us how is it going?  I am very happy to say that even with some slacking on my part I am over 30 miles ahead of that bunny.  Really hoping to keep it up!!!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

keeponrunning

After a vacation where I didn't do any running (just LOTS of hiking/xc skiing) I'm a bit behind, but tonight's run should get me a couple miles ahead of him, right where I like to be Smile  As I'm planning a June HM, I should gain on him some more.  WOOHOOO!!!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

under a rock

I'm still ahead of the bunny but he has gained some ground after my mild achilles injury and now I've got a cold. I'm hoping the cold will stay in my head and not venture into my chest. For now I will do my best to keep my mileage ahead of the bunny in spite of my head cold.

I passed the bunny in the first half of January and I haven't looked back since (75 K ahead) :-) This year I have decided to skip soccer and do a lot of running instead - it is really paying off motivation-wise! Last year my running was ruined due to sore Achilles tendons (due to soccer), but so far everything is going smooth :-)

I'm so glad to see Feb gone....my running has taken such a hit with being sick at the end of last year....then the illness and finally death of my mother-in-law.  Life is finally starting to get back to "normal" what ever that is and I think my mojo is starting to come back.  :-)

So glad to see some of you checking in....it helps seeing what everyone else is doing....

Run Strong!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Dutchie42

I ran 44 kilometers total in February, which is more than I ran monthly in the six months before.  I'm still over 80 kilometers behind the bunny. The goal for this month is at least 85 kilometers, so I won't fall more behind.

Since I feel I'm finally back on track with the running, though still running low mileage, I bought new running shoes at the local running shop for the incredible price of 150 euro's (US$ 195). Online the shoes are only US$90. But I can't get my old model anywhere (not in my size) so I had to go for the new model. I prefer to buy a new model locally cause it's easy to return and get another pair. But when I'm sure I like the shoes, I'll be buying an extra pair or two online. Anyways, spending that much money on shoes, I have to keep on running Wink

Time2Run: sorry to hear you had such a bad time. Glad it's getting better.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

If would ever quit snowing, that would really really help. At one point on today's run, I was going down a path with 8' banks on either side of me. Then I hit the end of the plowed path and it was waist deep so I had to turn back. We've had a record breaking winter; we were at 78" for the winter at the end of last week (breaking a record set in 1955-56) and now we're still getting snow. It really puts a damper on my mileage. Plus I'm having some issues with the TM so I'm really cranky. Yoga is good though and it can't stay winter forever. I'll have some serious mileage to make up. (That would be 37 miles behind right now. Sad )

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Maggie & Molly

Meg, you will catch up, I know it and winter has to end soon

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Hey Everyone!!

I'm pretty excited that I am not that far behind the bunny and I am gaining on it!!  Could do without the snow that seems to still be piling up.  I am SO ready for spring but with the weather that we are having I don't think it's going to come anytime soon.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

I've just had the flu for 14 days so I have been unable to run during that period. Now I am extra happy to have gained so much ground on the bunny in the first months of the year. Still 65 km. ahead of him/her Smile

Maggie & Molly

I am very happy to say that I will be heading into April with almost 60 miles on the bunny.  I have had my highest mileage month ever too

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Thats rad

Since lacrosse season started my mileage seriously dropped off...only 10 miles this month Shocked. I could/should have done much more than that but my motivation is much lower when I'm sore ALL the time. 40 miles behind the bunny here, 80 miles in the 800 mile/year group

Since lacrosse season started my mileage seriously dropped off...only 10 miles this month Shocked. I could/should have done much more than that but my motivation is much lower when I'm sore ALL the time. 40 miles behind the bunny here, 80 miles in the 800 mile/year group

I know just how you feel. The last two years I have been  running well until soccer season started in April and then mileage dropped instantly due to soreness and injuries :-) This year I have decided to drop soccer, but it is very tough for me as I love to play that stupid game :-) Perhaps I will start after the summer holidays, but I know the impact it will have on my running... Tough decision!