1000Km-621 mile club

Hikerchick8 (Read 174 times)

Hikerchick, Haven't heard from in a bit? Are you running? Hiking? What's happening? Miss you.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

You are so sweet! Thanks for thinking of me! I haven't run in about 6 weeks. My knees were giving me big problems, so I decided to stop and take up water aerobics instead. My left knee seems to feel a little better after backing off the running, but my right knee is a mess. Confused I've been walking, and doing short bike rides with my son. When we get back from vacation, I'm going to start strength training and walking 3 miles a day, then very slowly start back running on a treadmill. My ultimate goal is to be back to running outside in September. Neither kneecap tracks correctly, I have slight arthritis in both from a running accident 12 years ago, and a bone spur on my left knee. Good times. Black eye Smile It's been way too easy to completely slack off, but I've got to get back to it. No way will I make the 1000k for the year but it's good motivation to hear about all of you, so I'm sticking with the group anyway! I have been doing a bit of hiking - which kills the knees but I don't really care, it's too theraputic to not go! Most hikes have been with my 5-year old son... he did a 4.5 mile hike with me not too long ago, I was very proud!! We're also heading to Yellowstone on Friday and I've got a hike planned for every day that we're there, and also canoeing on Yellowstone Lake. I can't wait! Big grin Thanks again for thinking about me!! I haven't gone away, and come July you'll hear more from me, even it's just little runs here & there!

Michelle

I'm sorry you haven't been able to run, but it sounds like you have a good plan. Plus you are still active and doing what you love....hiking..... You'll have to share some picture from Yellowstone. Have fun!!!! Don't be a stranger.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble