1000Km-621 mile club

Hi :) (Read 7 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd join you for some extra motivation. It is rather quiet here, so I do hope some of you are still around.

I'm trying to get myself out of an inconsistent running spree. I used to be a long distance runner. Anything from a half marathon upwards was my thing. I'm actually the owner of the 2000KM-1243mile club. But I haven't done much (consistent) running in the past four years or so. And certainly nothing you could call long distance.

I've just signed up for a 15 K race on November 20 in an attempt to get myself back on track. I've committed to train with a colleague (not together, but following a similar training plan). He's starting again after not running for over six months. So it's not the race in itself that will motivate me. It's my commitment to run it with my colleague that hopefully will.

I have input my training in the training plan feature on RA. Getting email messages on running days. Can't forget now, can I?

There's no way I'll make it to a 1000 kilometers this year, but I am targetting 750 kilometers for the whole year. Only about 670 kilometers to go

Happy running!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Hi Dutchie Smile

Welcome to the group. This group brought me back on track as a runner as well. The first two years I participated I missed the target, but I have made it three times in a row now and things are looking good for this year as well.

Good luck on getting your 750 this year Smile

Regards

Alf Smile

Hi, Dutchie Smile

Yes, we're a bit quiet -- but we're here.

Be very welcome!

Hello, Dutchie!  We are still here...just quiet.  :-)  Still running strong and a few injured.  Some are even finished.

Hope to find you getting back on track to.  :-)

Welcome

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble