1000Km-621 mile club

March 23rd Weekly Check-In (Read 262 times)

Spring has sprung? Everyone have a good Easter? Mon - 2.4 One of those bad days where you wish you had never started; everything hurt and was tired Tues - 0 Rain, rain and more rain.....over 12" of rain and everything was flooded Wed - 3.23 Arch of left foot has started to hurt Thurs -3.55 Arch still hurting and didn't do planned speed work Fri. - 3.13 Arch feeling better; still taking it eas Sat. - 4.01 Nice run; arch tender but eveything feels like it should. YEAH! Sun - 3.53 :-( Foot started hurting last half mile; didn't finish four and went home and iced Weekly Total. 20 miles. So yeah on my mileage Smile, boo on my foot. Sad I had my DH look at my foot and shoes; he pointed out that the new shoes are already breaking down and I need to switch back to my old and go buy new shoes again. He's right the wear pattern on my new shoes are almost as bad as my old shoes which have over 300 miles on them. Not good.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresa, What at great week you had and a GREAT PR!!! I know that dancing feeling...almost 3 mins. Big grin Big grin Kenny, nice to see you back on the road. Also like your avator....DH is from central MI. He's a huge Detroit fan. Wingz, hope you had a better week. Still limping? How's the TKD? Cherrie, glad to hear the doctor released you! Run carefully and glad to see you back on the road! Anne, Thanks, and it looks like you are back and going strong! Right behind me again and still ahead of the bunny! obiebyke, Congrats, Graduate! Big grin So how did your your race go? You'll have to give us a race report! Philip, looks like you had another good week. That bunny has got to be running scared! nonoruns, hope you had a better week? Liz, Don't be to hard on yourself, bad runs and bad races happen. I know that is easier said then done but a hilly race when you've been inside most of the winter had to TOUGH! I thought of you this week with you're hilly race and decided I needed to add some hills to my routine. Warm weather's coming! Just have to out last this winter weather. anya, so sorry to hear you had another bad week. Sad I hope this week has gotten better for you. Dave, glad to see start back up. Kelli, you're catching the bunny! Big grin Ruth, you're smoking! Another 20 mile week! yeah! Big grin Hope everyone had a good week!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

obiebyke

My week last week: Monday: 3.1 Wednesday: 3.1 Friday: 2.5 Total: 8.7 miles, another record for me! This morning was my FIRST RACE EVER! I ran a fun, casual 5K around Lake Merritt in Oakland. The route was a little strange--there weren't any volunteers, which was okay for most of it because it's pretty self-explanatory, but there was one point where I ended up possibly going on the wrong path and having to stop and jump up a three foot wall to get to the upper path. Oops. But all in all, it was really fun. People of all ages and abilities. Adorable race for wee little ones. Free disgusting margarita with salt flavored Clif Shot Blocks. The best of all? My goal time was 36:00, and I made it in about 35:20 (race results not up yet) ! Yes I'm pretty proud of myself. I am no longer a red bar virgin! Now for a couple days rest and a little less intensity for 2 weeks before I start the one hour runner program.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Maggie & Molly

Time ~~ thanks. I'm really happy but am forcing myself to take it slow. Last thing I want is to be back at square one!! Anyway, this week I ended up with 4.5 not much but at least it's miles. Obi ~~ Way to go on your first race. AND, you beat your time. Nice.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I had a good week - M - Off T - 3.1 easy W - Off (had a run planned, but life and the wether got in the way) Th - 3.3 fartlek F - 2.9 easy (had to cut the run short when the police came looking for me) S - 4.3 moderate (was out for an easy run, but my legs felt real good so picked up the pace by 1min/mile) Su - 6.6 long (finished the week with a nice easy run on a beatiful day) Total - 20.2 miles Next week is a cutback week, but my training has been going great the last few weeks. Hopefully I will PR in a couple of races over the next couple of months.
              F - 2.9 easy (had to cut the run short when the police came looking for me)
              Ok....story behind this one! Police came looking for Estimator/Engineer/Runner........ hope everything is ok and everyone is well. Gayle

Obi, Congrats on getting a red bar on your log! Doesn't it feel GREAT to beat the time you set for yourself! Big grin Jumping a three foot wall......Free disgusting margarita with salt flavored Clif Shot Blocks...what a lot of memories for your first race! Wink

Renee the dog

Obi, Congrats! Hope the race bug bit you good! I remember my first 5K -- anniversary of it is next weekend! My week went OK: M 3.5 T 4.25 Th 4 Sa 4.5 Skipped yesterday as the very top of my thigh was all pinpoint achy...iced it instead on and off and ate fish oil capsules like they were food. Today I was out running and no problems, which is a good thing since race day is Sunday!!!! Good week everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Ok....story behind this one! Police came looking for Estimator/Engineer/Runner........ hope everything is ok and everyone is well. Gayle
                    Well my wife and I have a 2 month old daughter at home, so sleep and personal time are at a premium. I generally get home from work @ 7 pm and my daughter goes to sleep at 9:30 or 10:00 so I don't run after work generally. I have been running @ 4:30 in the morning to get in my miles, but this past Wednesday ity was raining and cold so I went back to bed. It was still raining Wednesday night and Thursday morning so no runs then either. I finally got out to go running at 9:30 Thursday night and when I got home my wife was asleep, I let her know I was back, but she was pretty out of it. Being that I missed my planned Wednesday run I decided to go for a run at 4:30 in the morning the following morning also, Friday. Well my wife wakes up, sees I'm not there and forgets that I woke her the night before. She freaks out and calls the police. So I'm about 20 minutes into my run when a police car pulls up next to me on the wrong side of the road and asks me my last name, I let him know and asks do I live at my address. When I say yes he tells me my wife thinks I never came home the night before and thinks I'm dead in a ditch. Needless to say my wife and I have a new system for when I go running at 4:30 in the morning. I felt horrible when I got home and saw how upset she was, but I thought she had known I was home and I wasn't quiet getting ready in the morning. Oh well, at least I know she cares Smile
                      Not the world's greatest week, since I was still benched most of it from twisting my ankle at my 3/16 race. I probably could have run Thursday or Friday but I got bit by the lazy bug. I got sick of the dog staring at me, pleading and tired of her big heavy sighs on Saturday so we went for an energetic 2-mile walk to see how the ankle held up. It was fine. No more excuses. *sigh* I ran Easter morning, a short 2 mile jaunt. It felt FANTASTIC. I'll be going again tonight! Gayle - are those shoes brand new? Can you return them & get your money back? How new are they, to already be falling apart? That really sucks!!

Michelle

Not a bad week, but I'm rearranging runs because Wed are just too jam packed with work stuff to squeeze a workout in. So, I'm short a few miles for last week which means I'm still chasing that darn bunny. Then again, it was Easter and I wanted to give the fellow a chance to hide eggs. That's my story. I'm sticking to it. Philip - take solace in the fact that your wife cares enough to worry! A system is a good thing. Glad to know you're not dead in a ditch. time2run - sorry to hear your arch is giving you problems. Let's hope the new shoes help. obiebyke - congrats on the FIRST RACE EVER and for beating your expected time! Michele - I ran in an ankle support for weeks until I was convinced I wouldn't re-sprain my ankle. It really seemed to help. I weaned myself off of it but may use it when I head out on trails. You might consider that as you get back to running. ok, my week: Mon - 4 mi Tue - 1 mi walk Wed - 0 Thu - 4 mi Fri - 2.6 mi of fast running Sat - 12 mi biking Sun - was gonna swim and run, but Easter meant pool closures and hail, wind and heavy rain meant a good excuse to do housework instead. Total 10.6 mi running. That leaves me 3.4 mi short of my goal for last week. I'm planning on running Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat this week. Add at least one bike ride of 12-14 mi and my first swim in years. That should keep me busy, don't ya think? Good luck bunny chasers!
                        Have you got a flag?
                          I considered that ankle brace last December, when I seemed to twist my ankle every time I left the house (ok it was only twice in a month but still...). This time, I stepped in a pothole last weekend, but oddly it wasn't the ankle that was giving me problems, but the calf muscle just above it, about 2 inches or so above the ankle? I don't know if an ankle brace would do much for a muscle in that location? Anyway it felt ok, it felt warmer than usual in that spot as I finished my short run yesterday but no lingering pain or anything. Phew! But I'll keep the brace in mind, certainly, if another pothole finds me!! That police story was too funny. Smile I wear earplugs so there have been a few nights when I didn't wake up when my husband got home, and also didn't wake up when he left in the morning. But he's a bit of a slob in the bathroom so I knew he was there at some point in between my sleeping!!

Michelle

AnneCA

Happy Monday! Last week for me was: M -- 3.8 easy T -- gym day; weights W -- 5 R -- 3 on the TM, followed by weights. Thursday is normally just a weights day, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to get my regular Fri run in, so I did this. I really dislike TM running. F -- off Sa -- off Su -- 5.3. Had the roads to MYSELF -- and I run through a very densely populated area. So nice! I think I passed one newspaper delivery driver, and one bus. I ended up doing most of the run on the asphalt, which was definitely a nice change from the concrete sidewalk I normally stick to. It always surprises me that there's such a difference between asphalt and concrete. Gayle -- hope that foot feels better. You guys really needed the rain though, right? Obie -- CONGRATULATIONS on that first 5k!!!! I've never done one of the LMJS races, but they're nice, huh? I should look into adding them onto my schedule. Obie and I must live quite near each other. The race she ran is put on monthly by a local running club, something like five bucks, no frills, and they have a one-loop 5k or two-loop 10k option. And Clif Shot Margaritas? LOL! Yeah, I should do it. Philip -- that police story is too much! Of course you felt bad. I guess the lesson is that with a two month old at home, you can't count on your spouse noticing what would otherwise be obvious to her! Did the cop have a laugh about it? Michelle -- sounds like you got the ball rolling again. Cool Kelli -- good luck with the new schedule.
                              Yikes, not a good week for me. Only got two runs in for a little over 9 miles. That was my long last week Roll eyes
                              obiebyke

Anne, you should definitely run an LMJS race. Very casual nice people and such a beautiful course. And close to home for both of us! Let me know if you ever do one and we can say hi.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)