1000Km-621 mile club

June has arrived! And, what's more, everybody has been silent for 25 days now! (Read 297 times)

Well, not anymore, for I'm now officially breaking this nice and enjoyable noiseless period just because I wan't to play the role of the annoying guy!

Not just that, really, but am I not the first to congratulate rundmc on his remarkable achievement? I think so!

And, furthermore, I want to tell him I'm a little older and a lot heavier than him. I'm working to reduce the difference on this latter issue, but somehow I reckon that won't be possible on the first one (on account of the grandfather's paradox, you see...).

Have a nice June, everybody ! (Not too hot, I hope, for the sake of my training schedule)  Smile

Maggie & Molly

congrats rundmc !!!!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Thanks guys.  I hit this goal a lot sooner than last year, mainly courtesy of a spring marathon and all the training leading up to it.  1000 miles here I come.  Good luck with the weight loss JP.

DANG!  I totally, missed rundmc crossing that finish line!  I'm SO SORRY!  

Jose', thank you SO much for pointing that out.  I go on vacation for a week and lose my head when I come back.

Did I miss anyone else?

Hope everyone is going ok.  I took a week off and went backpacking in the Grand Canyon and was sorry to come back to the real world.  Sad 

When I get back, the 1/2 marathon I was training for was suppose to be on the 11th of June in Joplin, MO.  And I'm sure you have heard about the tornado disaster  that hit there and know that race has been cancelled.  Joplin is about 50 miles north of where I live.  A lot of the runners that are signed up for the race are still meeting up at that time on that day for volunteer work to give back to the community that has supported us.  It's been unbelievable.   My son has been up here several times with the chain saw to help out and I'll be heading there next weekend.  The outpouring of help around here has been just awesome.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

yozza.  I just looked at the log and I am .2 in front of the bunny.  I have had to sit out for a little bit due to some achilles tendonitis but I'm hoping that I am back moving. 

mta:  the bunny has passed me.  I am on the mend but it won't be in front for long

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

We got faith in you....you'll stomp by that dang bunny in short order.  Smile

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Well, Gayle, you did it even before the 1st half of the year was drawn to an end. That's a feat! Congratulations!

Maggie & Molly

woohoo, congrats Gayle!!!!!!!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Big grinCool  Thanks!  Now on for the 1,000 bunny.  Hopefully I can run him down too.  Woot!

Way to go Gayle!!

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf