1000Km-621 mile club

July 13 -- Weekly Check-In (Read 167 times)

i thought i'd kick us off this week. What was your favorite thing about your runs this week? Mine is that one night this week, i ran with the lightning bugs. i'd have had a bigger smile on my face, but i was worried about eating insects! M - nothing T - swimming lesson and 2.88 miles r/w with the lightning bugs W - nothing R - 2.63 miles r/w, interrupted by a massive thunderstorm. wind gusts were blowing me sideways when i was aloft! F - 0.88 miles, and i ran the WHOLE thing! Sa - 3.06 miles r/w Su - 1.60 miles r/w 11.05 miles i think my right Achilles tendon is not too happy with me right now. i'm going to ice it, stretch it, make friends with a bottle of ibuprofen, and repeat this week's run/walk intervals.
      Hello all Our weather was pretty nasty so I didn't get out as often as I wanted to but it's probably for the best. My lower leg has been bothering me lately so I probably needed the rest. Monday: 5k Tuesday: Pilates Wednesday: 10k Thursday: Thunderstorms! Friday: Fast 5k! Saturday: 14k Sunday: 10k 44k = almost 28 miles Congrats to denisemomto3 on her achievement. When I joined this group I honestly thought that I would struggle to get this far. Last year I ran only 500 miles. Talk about being pressured by the pace bunny! Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Hi, all. Thanks, ikers! Favorite thing? - I actually ran (kind of) Like you a big goofy grin. (not all recorded yet) Mon - Wed - nothing Thur - 1.25 jog/walk Friday - 1.25 - walk/jog - won't record this one since it was more walk but I was out there! Sat. - 2 miles jog/very litle walk Sun - Nothing - just ice Total - 4.5 - Yeah! The two miles did not feel bad. It hurt but not terrible, and I did stretch. BUT afterward here came the pain. I ended up sitting on ice several times over the weekend and have been worried. This morning I woke up and I'm pretty much pain free. So I'm going to try to walk again today and see what happens after that. But hey - I have BARS! ikers, I know your friend ibuprofen well. Smile Congrats onyour total run and good luck with your repeat Congrats to denisemomto3 for finishing the race and beating the bunny. Ruth, you are doing well. You are close to putting that dang bunny down for the count! Wink Well off to work....Good luck everyone! MTA: Can't spell.... Roll eyes

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

First week of HM training is in the books, only 11 more to go. M - 5 tempo T- off W - 4 easy Th - 4.2 easy F - off S - 10.2 long Su - 3.5 with daughter in stroller Total - 26.9 miles Felt pretty good about the week, just have to see how I hold up to spped work every Monday. Good week Ruth, you should be passing that bunny very soon. Gayle - glad to see you got to log some miles, hope you are pain free soon.
          AnneCA

Morning all! This week I did: M -- 4.2 miles T -- weights W -- 6 miles R -- Weights F -- 4.2, with 2 miles at 5k pace phew! Sa -- off, but did some biking with the kids in the trailer Su -- 5.8 trail run. Wish I'd done some longer mileage, but it was a new trail for me, and ended up kicking my ass with the hills, oh, the hills. That's always my complaint about trail runs, isn't it? Clowning around My favorite thing running this week . . . I liked the tempo run. I generally am allergic to speedwork, and this is my first time trying something like this. I think what I really hate is intervals/track work, but maybe I could get used to throwing in some faster paced segments in some of my runs. Ikers -- Lightening bugs! We don't have those here, but I grew up with them in the midwest, and I would definitely have a big grin on my face if I were running with them. Great job on your mileage this week. Gayle -- glad to hear how you're feeling! Sounds like you're doing a great job of getting back into things slow and steady. Philip -- 11 weeks to go for your training, and you're already at 10 miles? What the heck are you planning to do for the next 11 weeks? Wink JK, of course -- come race time you'll be thrilled to have that all under your belt, and you'll sail through it.
            obiebyke

Great running this week, guys! My favorite thing about running this week was being unemployed and doing a run during the day on a weekday. The novelty! Mon- 2.80 Wed- 3.28 Sat- 4.45 Total: 10.53 miles I'm going on a week-long road trip to Portland, OR on Saturday, but I hope to run anyway. We'll see how it goes.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Philip -- 11 weeks to go for your training, and you're already at 10 miles? What the heck are you planning to do for the next 11 weeks? Wink JK, of course -- come race time you'll be thrilled to have that all under your belt, and you'll sail through it.
                I'm only going to increase my long run to 14 miles or so over the next 11 weeks, I'm mainly focusing on my speedwork while only slightly increasing my mileage.