1000Km-621 mile club

Week of 9/7 (Read 255 times)

Hey Everyone!!

Well I had a great weekend!!  DH and I spent some time along Lake Superior and it was a beautiful weekend.  Ran with my dad on Sat morning and he pushed me to a really fast pace.  I really wish that I had someone to run with at home.  Today I was out for a 5 mile run.  Mentally struggled the last mile but overall a great run.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

It was a beautiful weekend here too.     It is very nice to run with someone.  I advertised for a running partner on line and was lucky enough to find someone who is not only a running partner, but a friend. It's GREAT!  They keep you going and you keep them going when the struggle starts!

I went home to Kansas to visit Mom and Dad.  Dad is doing fairly well, I think...see the update.  They live in a small town (300 people) that has a fairly large fair every year with about 5,000 people showing up.  Running races (5k, 10K and 1K - for the past 24 years), parade, free lunch of beans and ham, a fair with rides in town, main street bed races, turtle races, petting zoo, etc.....you get the picture......

I've always ran the 5K in the past since that is the premiere race....and usually just a guys run the 10K.  This year I challenged the guys and ran the 10K.  Won woman over all and 1st in my age group.    Of course I was the ONLY female.  The guys cross country team always runs it unofficially.  They don't pay, have a separate chute and do not receive any medals or trophies.....just bragging rights.   I now have bragging rights to beating one of the team. I felt really sorry for him and if he had been close to me I would have let him beat me....maybe   But I finally passed him for the final time at about 5.5 and never saw him again until he walked across the finish line.  On yeah....and my time is a PR!  Yeah! 

I'm planning on continuing my training for my 1/2 marathon and hope my legs will not be too tired.  We'll see......

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Sounds like you both had great weekends.  I managed to get in 4 runs this week.  Yay me.  I am trying for consistancy.  I also did a 5 mile run on Sunday and yes the last mile is hard mentally.  Usually it's because I try to run it too fast and by that time I am tired but my husband caught up to me and made the last mile a little easier. 

This week is full already.  3 nights of boot camp, 1 night of belly dance and 4 days of running.  I don't have to time to go back to work after the summer. LOL 

Have a great week.

Corrina

Awesome race Cherri! 

Maggie & Molly

hey thanks, Corrina.  My race is about all I can say I did for this week so far.  I'll run later for sure!

Time ~~  I wouldn't feel bad about beating the guy - it is a race after all!!

Gen ~~  You already know how envious I am of you!

Corrina ~~  nice runs.  I just noticed that you do BD - me too.  Love it!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Yes I belly dance.  I love it.  We have so much fun.  Just started back after the summer break.  My troupe leader has already booked us a gig for November.  Now I have to make a new costume

So far 2 runs this week and have a plan to run tomorrow and Sunday.  Trying to stay consistant. Not the easiest of things these days.(sigh)

Corrina