1000Km-621 mile club

July 20th - Weekly Check-In (Read 297 times)

Hi, folks. Just a quick post for heading to work. Our DS and DIL brought over company yesterday to swim in the lake and I was thinking they were never going to leave. Roll eyes Don't get me wrong I don't mind company 10:00 p.m. on a Sun night is a bit late to start saying "Well, we need to think about leaving." Tongue After I cleaned up I gave one thought to starting the thread but didn't even get close to the comupter. I ran 2 miles onThurs. and felt pretty good. Then another 2 miles attempted on Sat which wasn't so good. I think the second attempt was 5050 on running and walking so I haven't decided whether to log or not. So maybe a whole 4 miles this week. That dang bunny is going to catch me fairly soon! Angry To follow ikers lead from last week. My favorite thing about running this week was again the fact I was doing it. I ran a WHOLE mle before having to stop and stretch. Big grin Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Had a rough week last week. Work was tough, 25 hours on Thursday and Friday, too tired to start my long run on Saturday (with a heat index nearing 100) and my daugther woke up at 2:30 AM Sunday morning and wouldn't go back to sleep. M - 5.2 tempo T - off W - 4.8 easy Th- 3.1 easy F - off S - 7 long (10+ planned) Su - off (4 planned) Total - 20.1 miles I had planned on over 27 miles for the week and was upset at first, but life and the weather got in the way. I still have 10 weeks to my HM so it won't affect my training too much. Looking forward to a 5k I have on Wednesday evening, just hope the weather lets up a bit before then. Gayle- hope you can continue to log some miles, just be sure to take enough rest days when you need them.
        Nice job on the running! i say you should log the run/walking. As you're working back into all running, i think it's fair. It's not like you're logging strolling around the neighborhood. This is counting as your workout, you know? i may be a bit biased, though. M - nothing T - nothing W - 2.85 miles of r/w R - 3.07 miles of r/w F - nothing Sa - nothing Su - 33.43 miles of biking i ran a grand total of 5.92 miles last week. Grr. It would have been more, but the PT i saw on Friday did something kind of ungood to my knee, so now it's sore. Of course, that didn't stop me from biking yesterday, but i'm paying for it today. i'll test it out again tomorrow morning, though.
          Sounds like the heat is getting to us. It's been hot, muggy with thunderstorms so I've been taking it slow. I've been trying out new shoes, new way of lacing my shoes and going slower so I'm working out some kinks caused by all the changes. I did 25 miles last week and I'm going to stick to that mileage for a while until I adjust to the new stuff. Have a good week, all.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Thanks, Phil, I"m trying to be smart about this. I'm starting to feel a bit stressed with that 1/2 in Oct. but I'm not making any decision yet. At this point in time I'm still planning on "running" it but it will be to finish instead of a time. Ikers, yep I have to agree. I was feeling strange about it, but it is my workout, I'm all decked out to "run" and I'm giving it what I can. Thanks for the voice of support. Smile Ruth, you have passed the 600 mile mark....you will ge there very soon. You go, girl!!!!! Anne, obiebyke, Teresa, Karl, Cindy, Alex, Liz, HikerChick, scubagrrl, Matt, Jennifer, HwyChld.......where you all be? Wink

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Got back from vacation late Saturday night. Managed three runs last week - 5.1, 5.6, and 6.2 miles. I think I overdid it a little, because my ankle is talking to me! 4 miles yesterday didn't feel too great. I'm not going to try again until Thursday. I should have been at 1000K by now, sigh. 28 miles left to go. I'm trying to figure out how to run my 10K race a week from Saturday - I think I'd better walk some of it. Gayle, I'm not sure what to do about my HM at the end of September, either. I guess I'll just see how I'm doing then. Now my running partner is thinking she should be running faster than 11 mpm during training. She's about my same pace during races, so I told her 11 mpm is where we should be. She has an older cousin (in her 60s) who is VERY fast and pushes her to go faster than she should, I think. It's a hard spot for me to be in! I want to run with her, but I will NOT go much faster. I guess we can start our runs together and just meet back at our cars or something.
                Last week was my highest mileage yet Monday - Nothing, except some long walks with family at a get together Tuesday - 3.5 miles easy Wednesday - 4.3 miles easy Thursday - Yoga Friday - 4.32 miles easy Saturday - nothing just more family walking and get togethers Sunday Long 6.23 miles. My longest run to date I'm cutting back just a bit this week, I have a 5k on Friday and would really like to get under 30 min. But the week after that I think I'm going to start doing a training program for a 10K. I think I might finally be to the point that it won't hurt to add some speed work/intervals etc. I'm thinking maybe a 10K in the fall. I had considered maybe a 1/2 Marathon and since I'm here in Columbus considered the same one you are Gayle, but I will be just returning from the Bahamas the day before and I'm sure I won't want to even think about running the next day. I may focus on that for next year if this year continues to go well. Keep us posted Gayle, if you make it, I am thinking about going down for it to cheer some RA'ers on and try to meet a few people.
                Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                obiebyke

Hey all, I'm here, cyber-wise, but out of town, real-life-wise. I'm hanging out in Portland for a week while my gf does some work (she's a professor). Last week, my third run got truncated because I needed to get ready to drive from Oakland to Portland, so it turned out to be: Mon: 3.06 Wed: 3.91 Frid: 3.02 Total: 9.99 miles (yes, I was trying to reach the double digits despite the truncation. Stupid Garmin messed it up in the end, I guess Wink ) Ran around Reed College neighborhood today. Planning at least one more run while up here, hopefully two so I can do three for the week, like my normal routine, but we'll see because of the drive back. All my sympathy to those in hot climes. Ew ew ew.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Total: 9.99 miles (yes, I was trying to reach the double digits despite the truncation. Stupid Garmin messed it up in the end, I guess Wink ).
                    Stupid Garmin! Evil grin Can't believe it mal-functioned so badly! Big grin

i ran a grand total of 5.92 miles last week. Grr. It would have been more, but the PT i saw on Friday did something kind of ungood to my knee, so now it's sore. Of course, that didn't stop me from biking yesterday, but i'm paying for it today. i'll test it out again tomorrow morning, though.
                      Hey Ikers, Just wanted to say sorry to hear about the knee. I hope whatever they did doesn't keep you sidetracked very long. It sucks not being able to get out there like you want to..
                        I ran 2 miles onThurs. and felt pretty good. Then another 2 miles attempted on Sat which wasn't so good. I think the second attempt was 5050 on running and walking so I haven't decided whether to log or not. So maybe a whole 4 miles this week. That dang bunny is going to catch me fairly soon! Angry
                        If you gave it your best effort, I'd say log it, but like Ikers, I may be a little biased. Big grin
                          Had a good week last week. Got out 5 days. The big thing I learned, though, was why I don't run on treadmills. The one day I did - I paid for it with an achy knee for the rest of the day. So, needless to say - minus the luxury of an indoor track that is air conditioned, I guess I suffer with the humidity. I wound up with 10.2 miles last week - not bad overall. M-1.45 T-2.05 W-2.00 R-1.45 F-3.25
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

If you gave it your best effort, I'd say log it, but like Ikers, I may be a little biased. Big grin
                            I agree! I'm logging runs now that I wouldn't have before. I'm taking walking breaks, which I would never have thought about three months ago. You do what you gotta do!
                              Hey everyone! Been busy at work and rehabing my hip flexors, Last week was just a couple of easy runs for around 10 miles or so This week is going very well I feel like im getting back into good form and no pain, Hoping to break 20 this week and keep training for a fall marathon. It looks like injuries, dog days of summer and work are impacting a lot of folks milage. When its 90 degrees and 90% humidity I can say I've decided not to run on a couple of those days. Sounds sad, but from winter into spring I couldn't wait to get off the treadmill and out onto real ground and outdoors. Now I'm putting off outdoor running and moving back onto the treadmill of death and AC ! Anyone have any words of encouragement of advice to beat the heat? Karl
                                Anyone have any words of encouragement of advice to beat the heat?
                                I go out early morning and that seems to help a lot. The humidity is still up, but the heat isn't nearly as bad.