1000Km-621 mile club

How is everyone doing? It's spring! Time to stompt the bunny! (Read 9 times)

Weather is getting nice here.  Flowers are out, lots of rain and dampness, but no bone chilling cold.

I have ran several races for fun and looking forward to the racing season.

Where are you at?  How are you doing on your goals?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I am way ahead!  Smile  I'm thinking about pushing for 1000 miles.  It will depend on the summer - I hate running when it's hot.

So far I am having a great year. 425K logged so far with several 10K races and a Berlin Halfmarathon coming up (April 3rd).

I am just quietly thinking to my self: "This cannot continue" - but I am sure going to try to keep it up for the rest of the year Smile

Happy Easter, Everyone!

Teresa,  Just keep on "thinking" and see what happens.  It's amazing when you start thinking about it...the way becomes more doable!  :-)

Alfgaba,  You are on fire this year.  You can do it....and you can do it.   Think positive and keep on running!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

wanderingoutlaw

I'm still on pace to meet my goal of 750 miles. Last year at this time, I was further ahead and then lost all motivation and ran infrequently for a few months.

This year, the 2016 in 2016 competition is keeping my motivated, plus I rejoined the local running club and will be running more races to inspire motivation.

John

Excellent, Outlaw!   :-)  RA groups, FB groups and a local running friend have all kept me on track for years......have to love sharing with like minded friends....Run on my friend   :-)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Time2Run, congratulations on reaching 1000 Km so quickly!  You need to start a thread stating the day you reached that goal!  Good luck making your yearly goal.  Smile

That is great, my friend Time2Run -- mid-April and 1000 km already!

Nice to see and certainly an additional encouragement for all of us here in this group.

Sincerely wish everything's fine with you and your family.  All the best Smile

Congrats, Time2run - really impressive Smile

How funny.  :-)  I didn't even realize I had passed that goal.  How bad is that  :-)   I ran a 1/2 marathon with girlfriends in Albuquerque NM last weekend and then ran a long run this weekend to help my hubby with his marathon.  I just lost track of where I was.  How fun!

I often wonder if my running discourages everyone since I reach this goal so quickly...and if anyone is upset at it....I can always let someone else be the owner of the group.

I love watching everyone reaching your goals.  This I feel this group is the main core of what running is all about.  The newbies, the injured,  mothers, dads all working on trying to meet a goal and still living life with all the other responsibilities.  You make me PROUD!

And THANK YOU!

How funny.  :-)  I didn't even realize I had passed that goal.  How bad is that  :-)   I ran a 1/2 marathon with girlfriends in Albuquerque NM last weekend and then ran a long run this weekend to help my hubby with his marathon.  I just lost track of where I was.  How fun!

I often wonder if my running discourages everyone since I reach this goal so quickly...and if anyone is upset at it....I can always let someone else be the owner of the group.

I love watching everyone reaching your goals.  This I feel this group is the main core of what running is all about.  The newbies, the injured,  mothers, dads all working on trying to meet a goal and still living life with all the other responsibilities.  You make me PROUD!

And THANK YOU!

As I said before, not discouraging at all, rather the opposite!

And thank YOU for keeping this group running - in every sense of the word ;-)

You - along with people like Meg - are doing a great job in maintaining its spirit alive. And I'm sure we're all grateful for that.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks, PS! Let me add to that. I think the point is to encourage everyone to get out and run. To me, that you've crossed the line, that means this is a milestone on the way to your bigger goal. I divide mine up that way. Hit  621mi/1000km, then 800 mi/ 1287 km, then 1000mi/1609km and my ultimate goal for the year 1253mi/2016km.  It doesn't feel that long ago that I was thrilled to even hit 1000km in a year. I love seeing people fall in love more with our sport and then their miles start creeping up.  And I know we have people in here working back from injuries and I love seeing their miles add up. It's all good stuff!Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

That's a great way to look at it, Meg.

And I couldn't agree more: All Good Stuff 

Well, using this thread again, this time to congratulate you, Meg, on your 1000 K -- very early in the year, as usual Smile

Best of luck for the rest of the year, now chasing for other distance-goals.