1000Km-621 mile club

How's 2020, Runners? (Read 6 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

How's it going, runners? Here we are in June. Getting to midyear is a good time to check in on your goals -- running or otherwise.

I've had three races cancelled outright, one refunded registration and one of then I was able to transfer to a different (now virtual) race. My fall goal weekend has become virtual races in Sept. I'm now signed up for two races that usually take place at the same time, but bc it is virtual month, I can do both. LOL! Daily motivation is tough though. I was on track in early March to have my best year ever and it's taken a drop over the past 10 weeks.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hi there! Overall the running is going well. I only started logging my workouts here since September 2019 but so far on track for most distance covered in a year. Previous best was about 1300km so all things going well should crush it. Don't have much desire to enter races I just enjoy trying to beat my own times.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nothing wrong with that! Tracking is a great way to keep track too. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

wanderingoutlaw

Unfortunately, I've been limping along, literally. I can't seem to stay uninjured.

After recovering from my broken toe, I had a difficult time getting back into any sort of consistent running. But in late April, I needed to run my legs for a 200-mile relay, which was run virtually within a 30-hour time window.Even though I had the least mileage since I was coming off the injury, the mileage was evidently enough to strain, sprain, or tear something in my knee.

Took some more time off, but the knee still bothers me when I run or when I walk more than a mile. I've recently bought a knee brace that seems to be helping with walking. Now I just need to get consistent with that.

John

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Damn, I wish you could get past these injuries, John! How frustrating! Do you know what's wrong with your knee?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

wanderingoutlaw

Meg, based on my self-diagnosis, I strained a ligament, probably the MCL. The brace does help so that I don't get the pain as often.

I just need to get consistent with walking. If the knee doesn't feel better in a couple of weeks, I'll go to the orthopedist.

John