1000Km-621 mile club

CanadianMeg - May 31 (Read 6 times)

Well, apparently 5 months are perfectly enough -- so why am I still less than halfway thereto?! 

Congratulations, Meg, for reaching 1000K (+1!) this early in the year.

No doubt, just a benchmark for many more Ks yet to come. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks. I was just reviewing my goals for the year since it's midyear and a new month and realized I had hit it. I think my goal for the year is going to end up being somewhere between 1500 and 1600 miles with the focus being closer to 1600. Some longer race goals in the plans. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

wanderingoutlaw

Way to go, Meg! Hope you keep going to meet those yearly goals.

John

T W

Congrats.  I noticed you have an unbelievable steak, 2774 days!  Don't know how you can achieve that.  Amazing!

seanster

ME

Awesome once again!

§ SIGNATURE§

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks All! Smile

Congrats.  I noticed you have an unbelievable steak, 2774 days!  Don't know how you can achieve that.  Amazing!

It's called being slow! LOL! The hardest part about streaking is getting it started and really hitting maybe that 60 day or 90 day mark. It hits a point where it's a habit and you don't think about it. I am better with active recovery. I have very few lead leg days anymore. The morning after my first marathon, the first 1/2 mile felt a bit robotic and then things loosened up. I take rest days where I only run 1-2 miles and I let up on pace if I need to. Last month, for 10 days, I only ran on gravel paths bc my one hip was cranky and I didn't want it to turn into a real injury. I'll quit the streak when my body says I need to.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

T W

Thanks for sharing.  I did a 91-day streak last year, but had to quit due to the recurrent plantar fasciitis.  So, I know how hard to sustain such a long streak like yours.  Congrats again.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks. Just remember, now you have a streak PR of 91 days if you ever want to try again. Wink

And I'm thinking you need to up that goal, TW. 622 isn't going to be a push. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292.