1000Km-621 mile club

Jan 25th - Weekly Check-In (Read 304 times)

Hi, all. How did the week go. I slowed down a bit since the hip started aching again. NOT hurting, but aching....so I would rather slow down then re-injure. Blush Tues - 3 Miles Fri - 3 miles Sun - 4 Miles Total - 10 Miles It is suppose to get really cold again this week so we'll see how the weather goes. kilo - It was nice this week here, but we are headed back into COLD. Yuck! Janell - your treadmill should come this week! yeah! Smile Cheryl - you feeling better? Jennifer - keeping track of you Shy My daughter has decided she can not do the 1/2 Marathon at the end of April. Do now I'm trying to decide to do the best I can at the 10 miler 3 weeks before. Or leave the 10 miler as my long run that week and do not push it and go for the 1/2 at the end of April. Hmmm...... Vicki - feeling better? Do you have a surgery date yet? scubagrrl - Are you alive? Did you survive? Off to bed....past time for me to getting my ZZZZ's Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

Morning ~~ I am feeling better, thanks, Gayle. I plan on 3 tonight on the DM since I simply can't tolerate this cold!!!!! this will be my first run in a few weeks, hopefully more to come this week... I hope your hip doesn't cause too much distress!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I'm alive, the wedding is over thank goodness Smile I even got in a 3 mile run on Sat morning before we had to start getting ready, amazing how it calmed my nerves Got in 17 miles last week, my longest in a while, started 1/2 marathon training 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it will continue to go well. (And the snow will stop so I can run the long runs outside!)
        Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
        Wingz

Professional Noob

G'morning, Gayle! This past week, I managed to aggrevate a nerve on the bottom of my foot. I'm 95% sure it's Morton's neuroma, which I hadn't thought possible previously since I never-ever wear high-heeled shoes. Still, it's got all the symptoms and Thursday I managed to really make it mad. Blush So this week I've cut a hole out of the insole of my B shoes and am gong to be tentatively trying them out like that. Hopefully my foot'll like that better. I also won't be doing all that barefoot jumping on hard surfaces that made it mad in the first place. Blush The treadmill is scheduled to arrive TODAY, in 3 - 5 hours. I am SO excited!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Hopefully, soon I'll be able to catch back up to the pace bunny's pace. I had to decide this week that I'm not going to run in the HM Feb 14th that I wanted to. And have already signed up for and paid for. *sigh* However, with my IT band screaming at me for anything over 5 miles, I am NOT going to try to limp for 8! Smarter move is to just not try it. Disappointing, but I guess I'll have to try for an injury-free HM later on in the year. Or maybe next year, since I'm enjoying my tri-training so much this year. Wink So, this week this is what I've got planned: run just a little bit on my new TM, playing it by "foot", every day and Monday: spin, swim (G5) - done Tuesday: tkd, note: no jumping moves!!! Keep the feet on the floor. missed due to work Wednesday: swim (G6) - done Thursday: tkd in evening (no jumping moves) canceled due to work meeting. Friday: spin then swim (G7). Saturday: rest. Sunday: to be decided MTA: ARGH! The TM won't be here until Thursday! I hate waiting... Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm still here, but I'm also still thinking that I should be moving on - decisions, decisions!

Bring it on.

Maggie & Molly

I did my 3 last night - woohoo, 3 more tomorrow morning!!!!!!! I wanted to sign up for a 10K on Father's Day today (this would be my longest race to date) but they don't have it up yet - ugh.

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Hi everyone.... I went to the doctor last week. Her surgery scheduler is supposed to call me with a date. She was supposed to call by today but haven't heard from her yet. I did find out that I'll be in a splint & bandages for 3 weeks, then a hard cast for 3 weeks & then a removable cast. I asked her about running & she said not for 6 weeks (until the hard cast comes off). I can walk & work lower body but nothing upper body. I'm having a hard time being motivated when I know I'm going to have to take so much time off. I ran 3 Sunday. Monday 1-took grand daughter for a walk & tried to teach her to skip. That was fun. She's 3. No run Tues-Went to a runner's club outing. They are such good runners. Today-tired-not running. Hope everyone is having a good week. Vicki
                  Vicki, so sorry to hear about the 6 weeks. Sad It's tough and I'm NOT making light of it, but this too will pass. I've had two major injuries in the past two years. First injury was 5 months off, and second injury was this summer off. You think I would learn since the 2nd injury would have healed MUCH faster if I had listen to my body and everyone else, and just taken the time off. But NO I had to keep trying to run every few days...so I stretched out a few weeks injury out for the whole summer. If you compare the coming 6 weeks to the rest of your life it's really not that long. I TRY note the word TRY (I"m NOT a patient person) to breathe and relax through what will be cause it will be.... Smile (stepping quietly off of soap box) Cherrie, Woo Hoo! You're a runner! Did you get more runs in before the cold hit again? Ginny, glad to see you made it. I can't believe you actually found time to run before the wedding. Wow! I don't remember being able to breathe before my two kids weddings. Whew! Roll eyes Janell, Treadmill! Treadmill! You WANT your treadmill! Today should have been your swim and tomorrow TKD...Remember NO jumping! Wink Jill, do what you must,but we'll miss you. Cry I know I'll start posting in the other group but I'm scared to for sure to commit to the 1,000 miles until I know I'm going to stay injury free. Terrible, huh? So far.....following Janell's example...... Mon - 3 miles - Done Tues - off - Done Wed - 3 Miles NOT DONE - Ice storm...to bummed to run on treadmill...Sorry Janell...... Thurs - 3 Miles Fri - Off Sat - 5 Miles Sun - 3 Miles

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Phhhewww bear with me... I've just had a huge pizza and now customer's calls totally disordered all my time during the rest of the day, so I can hit the TM for a 1-hour session in about 30 minutes aaargh Dead And then I'm off to take my son to race (shorttrack speedskating) during the long weekend. I won't have time to run there but will consume more calories beside the rink I think Wink Running with pizza in your stomach should count twice Big grin EDIT: of course I failed, quit after 10 mins...

Maggie & Molly

I didn't get to run yesterday morning....and I'm having some testing done so I've had to wear a heart holter for 24 hours so no run last night. It comes off today so I will hit the TM tonight...always something...

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Gayle- thank you for the kind words. I know you're right. I just need to be patient. I'm not too motivated to run since I know I'm going to take all that time off. I know I'll probably get cranky. I always do when I miss several days running. I am thankful that my surgery is only arthritis & not something a lot worse. Cherrie-I hope you're OK. Wingz-Sorry you're having problems with your foot. Hopefully no jumping will give it some relief. It's very early in the year. You have plenty of time to get that HM in! Kilo- Big grin I wouldn't be feeling too good trying to run after eating pizza. I always have terrible runs if I eat first. Pizza sounds good though! So I quit the Y last week because I never go. Now it's nasty outside so another day of not running. I need to get out tomorrow or my family is not going to like me very much. Good runs! Vicki