1000Km-621 mile club

August 17th - Check In (Read 199 times)

Hello all. Hope everyone is still running and not taking to much time off. The weather has gotten so much cooler here. NICE! And my hip is getting SLOWLY better. I've "ran" several days back to back so I think I'm doing better. How's the 1/2 marathon training going? It's the middle of August and training should be in full swing. I'm hoping I'll be back in shape to run a 5K this fall. Woo Hoo! Not a 1/2 but at least it's back to running. Tues - 3.1 - jog/walk Wed - 1.25 - mostly jog and it was back to back. YEAH! Sat. - 3 - jog/walk Sun - 3 - jog/walk Total - 10.4 - YEAH! A Double Digit week! Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Anne, I've got my eye on you, girl! 621 is JUST around the corner! I was so wanting to keep pace with you! Maybe next year! And did I read right you have a Garmin? Teresa, how's the ankle? What's plans? You had such a good 10K.....so what's next? Big grin Jennifer, did you find your movtivation? What's happening? Karl, are you rolling along again? Pass that bunny and back into the "pace" of things? Denise, how's the ankle? Are you running strong again? Anya_, looks like youn are inspired coming back from vacation. You glad to be back or sad? Phil, 1/2 marathon training? What's happening? You getting to train, sleep and watch Grace? scubagrrl, haven't heard from you in a bit...hanging in there? obiebyke, I miss you!!! Where are you at? What's happening!!! You've been our cheering section..... Hope to hear from eveyone! I know I've missed quite a few!!!!! Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Gayle-Great to hear that the hip is feeling better!! In now time at all you are going to be fully back at it. As for me it was the first week of Football practice last week and so I was readjusting my schedule for 2 a days. The running suffered with the schedule change. So only one run last week. Sad But seeing less injuries now that the Football players are starting to get back in the swing of things and so I was already out for a run last night when the weather finally cooled off. Fastest run that I have had in a long time. HOpe everyone is having a great start to the week. I promise that I will have all sort of mileage to report! Big grin

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

I've got my eyes set on urbansix, just ahead of me. Right now he's running a fairly good pace, but I'm hoping I can pass him soon Tongue Gayle, I'm glad your hip is getting better. Last week wasn't bad, I've started adding some tempo runs etc to my work out Monday - Yoga Tuesday - 7.05 Wednesday - 3.83 Thursday-Yoga Friday - 4.22 Saturday - 3.51 Sunday - off Hope everyone else is getting some of the cooler tempatures we are here in Ohio. Woke up last week to 59 degrees one morning...that was awesome running!
          Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
            M--off T--32 minutes on the bike, put in an air cast W--29 minutes on the bike R--walked around for 25 minutes or so 'cause the doc said i could. she's wrong. F--off Sa--off Su--off Yeah. My head's not in a good place right now.
              Hello everyone, I joined this group a few weeks ago after spending 4 months trying to get a calf/shin injury healed up. It looks like I'm back on track to run the Auckland HM on 2 November! Not sure I'll break 2 hours as originally planned, but all going well I will be close. Mon - Tue - 14.5 km Wed - 6 km Thu - 10 km Fri - Sat - 11.2 km Sun - 5.2 km Total 46.9 km

Geoff

M--off T--32 minutes on the bike, put in an air cast W--29 minutes on the bike R--walked around for 25 minutes or so 'cause the doc said i could. she's wrong. F--off Sa--off Su--off Yeah. My head's not in a good place right now.
                Keep it up on the bike and in no time you will be back at it.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf