1000Km-621 mile club

New Year! New Goals! (Read 10 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That pace bunny is back near the start!

I hope all of you get a chance to step on it this year!

Happy Running! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

wanderingoutlaw

I'm ready to beat the bunny two years in a row!  Felt great to zoom past the 1000km this past year.

John

Maggie & Molly

I've got a decent lead this year. Let's see if I can keep it

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Thanks!

I'm starting 2017 very slowly, for I got my usual (these days as usual as undesirable, it seems) end/start-of-the-year-leg-injury...

Hoping to catch up later on, though.

Best of luck, everyone.  

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Injuries are lousy. Any idea what the cause is? Is it something you can work on so you can break the cycle?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Well, I've been running for more than 3 decades now (in the first 3-4 years, in a semi-competitive regime, with an excellent coach) and I always tried to learn from my own experience, from knowledgeable people and from literature on the subject.

So, at this point, I think I do a reasonable (surely not perfect) job trying to avoid overtraining or putting any unnecessary strain on muscles - as well as other common running mistakes.

In the present case, I find it difficult to determine any particular cause. The problem is located in the back-lower section of my left leg, and it is completely new for me; in the past I had knee, thigh and ankle injuries, some more serious than others, but none similar to this one. It is proving very acute at times (even incapacitating) and resistant to treatment (active Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, Aspirin).

I remain optimistic, yet I will probably have to see a doctor for more specific measures... but going to the doctor is something I tend to only do once everything else has failed...  ;-)

Have a great 2017, Meg -- and thanks for your interest.