1000Km-621 mile club

Is it just me being picky? (Read 453 times)

fast momma!

Ok, maybe it is just me being picky, but I picked this group because I thought I coupld more than likely run 621 miles in a year. I am a little bit ahead of the bunny (yay!) but I have notice there are several people who are WAY ahead of the bunny, or almost done.  Why not join another group with a more appropriate goal. such as: 800 miles, 1243 miles, 1367 miles, 1500 miles, 2000 miles or 2711.5 miles for the year????

Again, just me being picky but. . . 

2011 goals: sub 60min 10K

√ run 1st HM (May 29)

IMHO there is room for everyone... eg our group lead is one who is over 1000km per year for sure, but still nice enough to share her time with us.

Peace, love, calories Smile

Maggie & Molly

there are definately some people who will far pass the bunny but that is great!  They give me the modivation to keep pushing forward.  Why worry~

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Some of us (me) are starting with what appears to be a lot of miles, but cutting back on the miles come Summer.  Cycling is sorta my primary sport, nowadays, so come Summer I will be running a good deal less.  I won't hit 1000 miles this year, so I left that group.  There are no official "Bunnied" pace groups between 1000k and 1000 miles.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Holly,  Nice to see you in our group.  I started out in this group a long time ago, and I think it took me three years to finally complete my first year of 621 miles.  I joined RA in Oct 2006 and have called it home ever since.

I like this group....it is friendly and great support group to hang out with.  Yes, I have ran more then 1,000 miles the past two years and my pie in the sky goal this year is to break 1,500 this year.  I am part of both of those groups and I watch those bunnies, but this has been "home." for me.  If my being here is upsetting I can move on and have always invited this group to let me know truthfully (or is it truthful) if that time has come...no hard feeling.

There are always a lot of different reasons for others with high mileage.  I notice that Hoppity who was our lead runner has taken herself out of this group, and she will be missed.  She and her hubby were in this group last year trying for the 621 and she just caught fire and never ever slowed down.  What an inspiration!  And as for others way ahead of the bunny we always had a few people that join, make the goal in the first few months and move on....some stop and chat....others are injured and join us for motivation for a bit.  Once they complete the goal they drop off the list after a week.....

Thank you for saying something....I'm sure other newbies are asking the same questions.

Zoomy *waves* you so make me want to go dust off my bike and start riding again!  Big grin  How did your time trial go?  I LOVED time trials....the hurt so bad, but it's you and the bike against the clock.  So much better then getting dropped in a race or doing the tech turns in crits.

kilo,  how is your skating going?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomy *waves* you so make me want to go dust off my bike and start riding again!  Big grin  How did your time trial go?  I LOVED time trials....the hurt so bad, but it's you and the bike against the clock.  So much better then getting dropped in a race or doing the tech turns in crits.

TT isn't until the 27th.  I'm kinda skeered.  I still haven't registered, but I need to, as it fills up and is only $20 (+$10 1 day license).  My new bike has yet to see the light of day, so I'm mostly nervous that it will handle vastly different than my previous bike (new bike has performance geometry and is relatively stiff and light, old bike was more comfy, heavy, flexy).  I'm scared to go fast and hard when the roads are still littered with sand and gravel from Winter, too (I say Winter like it's in the past tense...ha!).

TT still seems a LOT less daunting than crits.  I'm not sure I will ever have the "balls" for that.  I like Duathlons...it's still a race, but everyone is all staggered by the bike section, since there is a running leg before that.  Last year I did pretty well for a noob, since it was obvious that most duathletes don't concentrate on the running.  I'm a slow runner and still placed 4/9 in both running legs.  My cycling leg was 7/9.  This year I anticipate being 4-5 for all 3 legs.

You should dust off your bike.  It would be fun to do a duathlon together.  There is one in IN (Powerman) that I would love to do, someday.  Everything else around here is sprint distance.

~ Sarah Kay

Skeered is normal.  Wink  Please do register.  The biking community (mostly the top racers) is not as friendly as the running community, but having your team around you is always a big plus and mine was always very supportive.  I was the only licensed gal on our team so they took care of their "token woman."  My racing bike sounds just like yours, light, stiff and very responsive, but once you get going and get in the groove you will be fine.  You will not be the first off (or the last) and you will be able to notice where everyone else is riding.  Just avoid the very sides of the road where most of the litter is.  You do not want to have a flat in a TT. You'll do great and I can't wait to hear about it!!!

BTW - I really lik  e the stage races.  Three races in a weekend....road, TT and crit.  Total time of all three determines the winner. I would love to do the Dua.  Blush, but all they have around here are tri's.  There is one tri that runs within 2 miles of my house....I keep thinking can I or can't I?  At this point I would drown, but I keep thinking.

MTA:  Why a 1day license?  I don't remember them being that expensive and you will want to race again.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would love to do the Dua.  Blush, but all they have around here are tri's.  There is one tri that runs within 2 miles of my house....I keep thinking can I or can't I?  At this point I would drown, but I keep thinking.

MTA:  Why a 1day license?  I don't remember them being that expensive and you will want to race again.

There are a few dus near me--wish more tris would give the option of running the first leg, instead.  It would be easy for them to do this, in most cases.

This year I think this is the only race I will be doing through USACycling.  My dus are all USATriathlon sanctioned.  Unfortunately the licenses are different.  At least with USAT I'd have to do 4 races to break even on the full-year license.

~ Sarah Kay

Well, maybe it's just me being picky (also), but even if it's true there are a few of us with a lot more yearly mileage than you, Holly, shouldn't we all be more worried about someone aged 1 having nearly 200 K on her legs so early in the year ? Wink

kilo,  how is your skating going?

Nah, I don't even know where my skates are...

This winter has been quite wet and snowy and cold, no chance to get out and do some road training at all Sad I've seen skates many times (standing next to the rink and watching my son on short-track training) but I haven't done anything on inlines since late October...

And my running has been quite low volume, too. Simply didn't have the 'feel' to get out in the cold and run. So the fact that I at least started jogging again is a big leap forward Smile

We'll see what the summer skate season will look like, I am quite sure it will be friendly weather soon here.

Some of us (me) are starting with what appears to be a lot of miles, but cutting back on the miles come Summer.  Cycling is sorta my primary sport, nowadays, so come Summer I will be running a good deal less.  I won't hit 1000 miles this year, so I left that group.  There are no official "Bunnied" pace groups between 1000k and 1000 miles.

Same goes for me.  I'm currently training for a marathon but once that's out of the way at the start of May my weekly miles will drop right back.  I'll still, hopefully, hit the 1000k target before December 31st but not at the pace I'm currently doing.

fast momma!

That makes a lot of sense Smile

2011 goals: sub 60min 10K

√ run 1st HM (May 29)

Mrcrumpton

Okay, I have decided to weigh in to this topic. I am a member of this group and I finished my 1,000 km for 2011 last week and I knew that it would be possible for me to finish this goal but it took me until December 20th to complete last years goal. I went ahead and stayed in the group as motivation and because my 13 year old son joined the group (which he is also ahead of the pace bunny) so that we could be in the same group and motivate each other. I am a member of several other groups here at RA and I hope to be able to check those off of the list also and hopefully seeing names go up on the wall for 2011 will motivate other to knowing that its possible.

Good luck to everyone chasing the bunny and enjoy the running!

2013 Goals

• 5K-20:00
                            • 10K-44:00
                            • 1/2 Marathon-1:38
                            • Marathon-3:30
                            • Complete 50 Miler

I'm glad you weighed in.  Thank you.  And I'm sorry for not congratulating you on your finish.  Sad  I've been sick this past week and wasn't paying close enough attention to you.  You snuck by me......

What is your next goal?  The 1,000 mile?