1000Km-621 mile club

Finishing the first 7 months of the year................... (Read 5 times)

How is everyone doing?  Are you getting to your goals?  Injured?  Having fun?

I have not been worried about speed this year.  On one hand it has made me feel bad and I'm trying to get over the I have to have some type of pace.  On the other hand I have completed one ultra and am working on my 2nd one in Oct.  I have just been having trouble with small injuries and it has put down my mileage for the year.

Where are you at?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm struggling with extreme heat. I'm having pretty good runs through the week, but I'm struggling with the long run. Hard to be a slower runner to get that 2 hour run finished. Trying to get up early to run most days but it's challenging for sure. Mostly pretty content with things. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I started the year slow and cautious (due to a couple of - not so mild - injuries).

By the way, T2R, I think you do the right thing bringing down your mileage, even if for apparently minor injuries -- better safe than sorry. I did the same - at a point, it was not even an option, anyway - for an extended period, and now I'm certainly having fun again Smile

As Meg, I recently had to deal with extreme heat (last few days, fortunately, quite more tolerable, particularly minimal temperatures, given the fact I always run at very early hours, be it summer or winter).

Giant forest fires here in Portugal as now in Canada, too, unfortunately...

Anyway, at this point trying to keep that bunny as far (behind!!!) as possible, which is a welcomed change from a first quarter of the year chasing the elusive - though certainly nice Wink - animal.

As always, wish you both the best for your yearly running goals, even if reasonably adjusted to new circumstances.