1000Km-621 mile club

Pedro Silva - Sept 30 (Read 6 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well done! It's been a hard year with COVID interrupting everything.

What's next for you? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Thank You, Meg Smile

Yes - on account of what you mention, I had a month of March with significantly less training volume than I should.

Not that (fortunately, and contrary to what happened in neighbouring Spain) outdoors' single-person physical exercise was ever prohibited, here in Portugal. Until May 1 there were a few restrictions, though -- in terms of time spent and distance to one's residence.

In any case, here I am! Didn't reach 1000 as early as in previous years, but at least I finished before October started - which became my 'plan B' from, say, past May or June. Glad to have done it.

Now, looking forward to be a bit more consistent regarding the frequency of training sessions - and also planning to take part on (maybe 2 or 3, until end of year) so-called 'virtual races'.

As to you, Meg - an unbreakable streak and on your way to 2000K - that's great!

Thanks again Smile

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thank you. I've done some virtual races (and did my first marathon as a virtual no less). Definitely not the same as a race with people but it tests your mental toughness for sure. Good luck! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

I checked it out on your workouts list - not that I doubted you, Meg   - but wanted to see what was the actual event and how it went for you.

Well, I'm sure it took a lot of mental strength - besides the physical sacrifice of any marathon, moreover being your first.

As you say, it was -- it is -- a tough test at different levels. But you did it!

Hope I may be able to emulate your feat, but it will not be that soon - not exactly keen on such long distances.

Very interesting 15K & Half-Marathon you had there on your recent curriculum, also, couldn't help noticing. 

Thanks for your kind wishes and - of course - back at you!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Usually in September at Queen City Marathon, I run the 5k, 5k, and half marathon. The same group had to cancel their 15k in June so I transferred that registration to pick up the 10k at QCM. I got talked into the ful because if you did all 5, it was the Beast Challenge that gets you a hoodie. Odds are good that this is the only year anyone can run all 5 events. I heard there were 40 people doing the Beast Challenge. I had picked up the 15k (different race) before I knew I'd be doing the marathon. The marathon I did on about 4 weeks notice. Crazy month!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

I see, Meg.

Crazy month, indeed Smile

wanderingoutlaw

Congratulations, Pedro! Hope your running keeps going well.

Sorry I missed this when you reached the goal.

John

Thanks a lot, WO.

Nothing to be sorry for - always nice to hear from you.

In fact, this very reply is also a bit belated... 

Sincerely wishing all the best for your running - and everything else, of course.