1000Km-621 mile club

Runnergabe (Read 160 times)

Hello! We've missed you.....I don't want to break your cover, but you HAVE been missed!!! *WAVES WILDLY* Big grin Big grin MTA: Still can't spell Roll eyes

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Along for the Ride

Blush Cover busted ... Hello Gayle! Thanks for the nice note - yes, I am back! I had been lurking in the weight loss group to see how everyone is doing. And then I came back here and found that you are now the moderator and the forum is more active and friendlier. The issue of "I need to try to run at least 30 miles a week to keep up with the big dogs" is cleared out of my head. I work a full time job with more than 40 hours a week and travel. I have a family and friends. Running is fun and not supposed to be pressure. I still believe I can run a marathon on less than 30 mpw base for the last 2 years ... anyway. Enough of the rambling. I am training for the Vancouver BC marathon on May 4th and am very excited about it. I am glad to be back. This place seems very happy and comfy now Smile

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

I can't tell you how glad you are back!!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin (and have broke cover) Happy Dance! I've just been staying hidden in a few groups that I enjoy and are fun. I tried the 1,000 mile last year but if you remember I really messed up my ankle. Goal this year is to put the fun back into running and have fun doing it. I'm like you I have a job, family and friends and I don't want to spend time feeling pressured to run more then what I think is fun. I'm planning on running a 1/2 in Nov. in Columbus, Oh. I'll think about a mary later, but you are so much braver then me. Shy Vancouver BC marathon on May 4th is NOT very far away. I hope you keep us up to date on how you are doing. Even if I'm not ready to do a marathon yet doesn't mean I don't LOVE hearing about them. BTW....my hubby qualified for Boston and then ran Boston on about a 30 to 35 mpw base. He is one of my HERO's! (Boston time 3:06) He has also been a cross country coach and track coach for long distance high school runners and ALWAYS took kids to state. So do what I do IGNORE "them"! My hero coach will (hopefully) help me train smart, reach my goals, and have fun doing it. (Although when he almost threw me out of the house to do a long run last Sunday, I almost kicked him. Roll eyes He was right...I was just being lazy Embarrassed ) Sorry for the long post...you've been gone for a bit. Zoomy, said to tell you hi, if you broke cover and she and they miss you in LLR! Come visit often! Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Hi, Runnergabe! I remember you from the weight loss board, you left just as I joined. Nice to see you back!!

Michelle