1000Km-621 mile club

Housekeeping - Again (Read 548 times)

Just wondering if we want to do some housekeeping.....If we agree then I could kick users who hadn't logged any runs or checked in for a 3 months. I've been going through the members list and some have not logged into this site for close to a year. If I make a mistake or someone is bothered by this then they could always rejoin or just let me know in case of injuries. Let me know what you think about whether I should do some housekeeping? And what time period is fair.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Three months sounds good. It would be easy for someone to rejoin.
      talie

trying to beat the bunny

3 months seems reasonable to me. You could always put up a post warning people that you are going to prune and if they are injured and want to keep in the game to post on that thread.
        Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
        - run 1000K
        - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???
          That's ok by me. Anyway, If I ever stop logging, please do feel free to kick me out. Cheers!
            Ok.....I went in and did some housekeeping. What I did was I checked the last time someone logged into this forum and if that person had not logged in since 11/01/07, I kicked them. I am SO SORRY if I kicked someone by mistake or if I didn't understand someone was on the bench. Anyone is able to join again if I made a mistake and kicked someone out I should not have. Let me know if you have any problems with this. Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

We've almost made it through the first quarter. Yeah! Some of us have left the bunny way behind in the dirt and our on the bench people are working on finding the bunny's trail and tracking him down. Big grin The first week of April I'm going to do house keeping again. IF someone has not checked in I'm going to boot unless someone objects? I'm thinking that there people who are running but not checking into this sight. Whether they have moved on to the 1,000 mile board or lost interest in ours? Now obiebyke might object on the grounds I'll mess up the graph again. LOL Confused Anyway this is a two week warning if this is something you gals and guys don't want to do..... Gayle

obiebyke

Ha! No objections here, Gayle. Housekeep away. Sorry to be a stinker. Shy

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Ha! No objections here, Gayle. Housekeep away. Sorry to be a stinker. Shy
                  No problems! Just had to tease you! Clowning around

Junior Amphibian

I think you should also kick out the "overachievers" who log more than 1000 miles before the year is over. There's another group for them.

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

I think you should also kick out the "overachievers" who log more than 1000 miles before the year is over. There's another group for them.
                      I've thought about it, but decided not to at this time. It was mentioned at one time and there was some feedback on that idea not being a good one. I don't remember if it was on this board or in the general forum. The comment made was that RA is a place where we should support one another and each other's running. I have checked every member and everyone has has signed into the forum in the last three months. So........? At one time last year I know there was talk of when someone reached the goal they were moved off the "board" and placed as a finisher in a different list on the home page to allow others to move up. BUT last year I was injuried and didn't pay much attention. Anyone? Gayle

Ok.....I went in and did some housekeeping. What I did was I checked the last time someone logged into this forum and if that person had not logged in since 11/01/07, I kicked them. I am SO SORRY if I kicked someone by mistake or if I didn't understand someone was on the bench. Anyone is able to join again if I made a mistake and kicked someone out I should not have. Let me know if you have any problems with this. Gayle
                        Only issue I can see with using the forums as the guideline is that some of us don't always get onto the forums that often for whatever reason, but like you said - it's easy enough to rejoin. I was one of those kicked, and was back on in under a minute Cool
                          Embarrassed Sorry! Embarrassed Glad you got back in so fast. I'll make a note about you! Big grin Hope to see you around soon!

Thanks hun! Appreciate it. I'm always around...just not always in the forums.
                              Did some house cleaning... If someone hadn't checked in since June 1st, I kicked. If I kicked someone by mistake I'm sorry. Please join again. Thanks! Gayle

Jill_B

I fly.

Don't kick me out!

Bring it on.