1000Km-621 mile club

Pity Party: Readjusting Goal (Read 12 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

2.5 weeks ago I gave myself a significant ankle sprain (first time not on a trail...rolled my bum ankle for no real reason).  As it was I struggled to catch up with and then stay ahead of the jerk-ass Bunny.  And now it's unlikely I'll make goal, this year.  This will be my lowest mileage year since my very first year running (10 years ago), when I didn't start running until late March.

On the bright side, I'll probably end up with slightly higher than expected miles on my bikes.

Who else is attending my pity party? Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wanderingoutlaw

Sorry to hear about the ankle sprain, zoom-zoom.

For the first time since 2009, I should beat the Bunny.  I've already run more miles this year than any calendar year since '09. So, hopefully, I won't have to join your pity party 

John

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm happy to sacrifice my goal if it means you hit yours.  That's awesome!  AND I love your avatar. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

No one gets to pity party alone. Besides, it's not about the final total. It's about being active and you know that. You are going to have biking and running. I'm so guilty of being a single sport person even though I know cross-training would probably really help my running. Keep your head up, girl! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

So sorry, Zoom!  No fun rolling an ankle and getting behind.  I do LOVE Meg's post of it's not the real goal....that the real goal is to move and have fun.  You have always done that!  So WIN!

WO, sounds like you are rolling along!  Great job!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble