1000Km-621 mile club

March 2017 (Read 5 times)

Can you believe it?  We are starting the third month of 2017?  Incredible.

What are your goals?  Races coming up?  Everyone doing ok?

I am still having a bit of trouble with my right hip, so my mileage is suffering a bit.  I have a few races planned this year, but I am really trying to get two ultras done.  One a 12 hr race and a 100k at the end of the year.  I think (?) my age is starting to slow me down a bit and I would like to get these two off of my bucket list.

What's happening with you?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I ran my worst 10K ever (good experience but slowest time if that makes any sense) in February. Now I'm looking at 2 halfs in April (April 14 and 30th.) The second one was my first spring half ever last year and wasn't a great one. The Good Friday one is a new race for me. I'm trying to train some confidence into me but it took a hit in February.

Hope your hip starts behaving soon!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

wanderingoutlaw

I'm recovering from a blood blister on my heel (suffered in a rocky marathon 11 days ago) but hope to be back to running this week.  I'm still ahead of the pace bunny--that's shocking and delightful.

I'm scheduled to run around 21 miles (divided into 3 legs) as part of a 200 mile relay on March 24-25.  Then the following weekend, I'm planning to help crew and pace a friend at Umstead 100 (mile race). I suppose I might have to run/walk 50 miles--which would be a new distance personal best.

Time2Run, I ran my first two 12-hour events this past year.  The first one was in the late summer and kind of miserable. The second one was on new year's eve and went well: finished with 43 miles and felt good.  I'm signed up for a 24-hour run in late September; I don't know what to expect.

John

I ran my worst 10K ever (good experience but slowest time if that makes any sense) in February. Now I'm looking at 2 halfs in April (April 14 and 30th.) The second one was my first spring half ever last year and wasn't a great one. The Good Friday one is a new race for me. I'm trying to train some confidence into me but it took a hit in February.

Hope your hip starts behaving soon!

Worst races suck!!  And it does make sense....I have slowed quite a bit

Good luck on your April races....hope it gets better

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I'm recovering from a blood blister on my heel (suffered in a rocky marathon 11 days ago) but hope to be back to running this week.  I'm still ahead of the pace bunny--that's shocking and delightful.

I'm scheduled to run around 21 miles (divided into 3 legs) as part of a 200 mile relay on March 24-25.  Then the following weekend, I'm planning to help crew and pace a friend at Umstead 100 (mile race). I suppose I might have to run/walk 50 miles--which would be a new distance personal best.

Time2Run, I ran my first two 12-hour events this past year.  The first one was in the late summer and kind of miserable. The second one was on new year's eve and went well: finished with 43 miles and felt good.  I'm signed up for a 24-hour run in late September; I don't know what to expect.

WO, which relay are you running in March?  I have a friend running the Tx Independence Relay that weekend.

I have ran 50k's and paced 50 miles for a 100 mile runner, but do not know what to expect for the 12 hr event.  I bit nervous...it will not be as a pacer which you are concerned about the other runner. .  Plus mine is going to be in the heat of summer.....so it will be double interesting.  :-)

Good luck on your events..,,,recover well.

wanderingoutlaw

WO, which relay are you running in March?  I have a friend running the Tx Independence Relay that weekend.

I have ran 50k's and paced 50 miles for a 100 mile runner, but do not know what to expect for the 12 hr event.  I bit nervous...it will not be as a pacer which you are concerned about the other runner. .  Plus mine is going to be in the heat of summer.....so it will be double interesting.  :-)

Good luck on your events..,,,recover well.

I'll be running in our local (South Carolina) Palmetto 200 relay. I've run in it two times and volunteered two times over the past four years.

John

Still recovering from injury(ies), but optimistic about the second quarter of the year - I feel much better now, and it seems patience will get its reward. [fingers crossed!!]

In the meantime, I've been able to run-walk or (more recently) to run at a moderate pace & over short distances, which is good and trust-building, besides pleasant.

Still, no marathons -- let alone ultra-marathons!! -- for me ;-)

In any case, middle-distances were always my preference.

Best of luck to all of you, my friends, with your running goals for this year.