1000Km-621 mile club

Are you concerned about your lower and lower rest heart rate? (Read 9 times)

T W

I am concerned about it when I found my current rest heart rate is about 55 (it was about 80 before I ran).  As a researcher, I did some research and still cannot draw any conclusion based on the controversial literature. Moreover, my last ECG showed some symptom (e.g. first-degree AV block and LVH) that might be caused by running though the doctor said she has no concern about it.

Anyway, I am now lowering my pace and only doing easy running.  I know my heart is not as strong as you guys.  Just for sharing.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Runners often tend to have lower resting h eart rates. I don't think it's something to be concerned about. (That said, I don't know my RHR. I feel good, I rarely get sick and my energy level is mostly pretty good. That's how I measure.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

My heart rate is around 65 and I always thought that was a bit high.  :-)  My hubby's resting heart rate is around 47.

I wouldn't be concerned as most runners I know have lower heart rates.  When I have someone new take my blood pressure and resting heart rate they always as if I'm am athletic.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble