1000Km-621 mile club

Pedro Silva - Sept 20th (Read 7 times)

Great job, Pedro!  You beat the bunny again this year and faster then last year!    Hope you are doing well!

What are your plans now?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Thank you, Gayle!    I'm doing fine, thanks for asking.

As to plans, well, plan number one is, as always, Keep Running! - I really need it, you know, both physically and - even more imperatively - from a psychological and motivational perspective,

While doing my best to prevent any injuries, another part of 'the plan' is Running Better & Faster. Though I'm now 45yo, I have not given up improvement as a goal - for I really feel there is still some plausible room for that (and this has also been a fine year in that respect),

Thank you again - and wish you all the best for the remaining months of 2014.

amn77

Congrats! And those are great goals to have Smile

Allyson

Thank you, Gayle!    I'm doing fine, thanks for asking.

As to plans, well, plan number one is, as always, Keep Running! - I really need it, you know, both physically and - even more imperatively - from a psychological and motivational perspective,

While doing my best to prevent any injuries, another part of 'the plan' is Running Better & Faster. Though I'm now 45yo, I have not given up improvement as a goal - for I really feel there is still some plausible room for that (and this has also been a fine year in that respect),

Thank you again - and wish you all the best for the remaining months of 2014.

Great goals!  Improvement is always there for you.....for anyone....you can do!  More miles, faster pace, stronger, eating a healthier diet.  When I hit 50 I was thinking that was it...downhill from there....WRONG! 

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Thank you very much, Amn - truly appreciate your words. 

And, Gayle, great to hear you say that -- it motivates me even more!

And you're absolutely right, there are several factors in our lifestyle, beyond running itself, that we can work on, in order to reach our goals; an healthier diet, as you mention - and, in my personal case, I think better quality (and slightly more quantity) of sleeping hours would also be a positive step.

Wish you both, Gayle and Amn, an excellent week!

Maggie & Molly

congrats to you, Pedro

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work, Pedro! Almost 3 weeks earlier than last year! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Thank you both, Meg and Cheryl. 

As you say, Meg, quite a bit earlier than last year (and the year before that).

I guess this was due to a mix of a greater commitment to training with the relatively mild summer we had this year.

I usually run very early in the morning (generally way before sunrise), and minimum temperatures, fortunately, weren't as high on average as in previous summers. That made things a little less hard for me, as the heat is one of my greatest enemies in terms of general well-being, furthermore when it relates to physical effort.

So, I'm glad things turned out as they did and, if nothing out of the ordinary happens in the next 3 months, I think I'll reach one my highest yearly mileages ever - probably the highest in these last  few years.

And thanks again!