1000Km-621 mile club

June 1st Weekly Check-in (Read 286 times)

Awesome job everyone! I made my goal this week again. But this may be the last week for a while. Yes, I'm leaving the 11th for a 2 month trip. We are going to Alaska. Mostly camping, we'll be driving from the DC area in our truck camper. Doing some site seeing on the way, but the focus is Alaska. I am going to try to run. I just don't know how it's going to work. We'll be mainly roughing it. My mileage is going to suffer!!!! I have a mesh laundry bag for wet running gear. I can only bring 3 running outfits, and will mainly have to wash clothes by hand!! Although, the budget calls for a hotel ever 4 or 5 days. We'll just have to see how the whole thing plays out... I will try to post some photos from the road. Also, I will post a photo of our truck camper in a bit. Try not to laugh!!

- Anya

Sounds like a great trip Anya. I don't know what your itinerary is, but if your are up near Skagway make sure you take the Klondike Highway into the Yukon Territory. Emerald Lake is up there, I think it is north of Carcross, it is something to see. Actually anywhere in Alaska is pretty inspiring.
        How very COOL! Two months going to Alaska. You will have to check in once in awhile and for sure post pictures! No laughing from us......you'll be the one laughing for two whole months! Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maniac

I'm jealous Anya...Always wanted to go to Alaska...Maybe I'll get there some day. I'm sure you can get some miles in...Just think of all the beautiful scenery you'll have to look at while churning out the miles!!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Sounds like a great trip Anya. I don't know what your itinerary is, but if your are up near Skagway make sure you take the Klondike Highway into the Yukon Territory. Emerald Lake is up there, I think it is north of Carcross, it is something to see. Actually anywhere in Alaska is pretty inspiring.
            Thanks all! And I will add Emerald lake to the list. I'm pretty sure we'll be around there.

- Anya

Hi all I had a slow week - only 12 miles as I was away in Victoria, British Columbia for a conference and I had little spare time. Victoria is a nice place for running - I ran along trails right at the edge of the Pacific ocean. Wonderful! Running is a great way to see a new city - there always seems to be runners wherever you go. Have a good week,l Ruth Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.