1000Km-621 mile club

j'ARRIVE! (Read 217 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Got there, beat the rabbit? Surprised with the amount of injuries I have had. Well done Blogrunner too!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Junior Amphibian

Congrats, but obviously, this group isn't appropriate for you. What sort of satifsfaction can you get from beating noobs?

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

Slow-smooth-fast

dont give me that, I have only been running for 18 months myself you know. I dont need to justify my motivation for being on this forum to you. I am up and down with injuries and so I am happy to have reached my first goalpost. I am nothing but supportive to all other members, as you will see from other posts, so dont come that.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Just out of curiousity, why would you join a group for folks hoping to run 621 miles in 2008, when you've already reached that goal by May?????

Michelle

Fool

I think they might be trying to stomp out all the rabbits. They signed up for all. It's not like they just picked the 1000km group to show off. I applaud their mileage, even though it does kinda make the rest of us look like slackers. Good luck with the 2000 mile bunny, he's a speedy ^*%@.
              Congratulations, Eddy! Well done. I'll catch ya next time. Sometime. Again, well done! Cheers!
                And of course, how could I forget? Congratulations to Blogrunner as well. Indeed, congratulations to us all, for running as far as each one managed to do. Afer all, this is what really matters, isn't it? Cheers!

Along for the Ride

Just out of curiousity, why would you join a group for folks hoping to run 621 miles in 2008, when you've already reached that goal by May?????
                  Ditto. I congratulate Eddy and blogrunner to their achievements and applaude their mileage... BUT ... why do you guys have to be in the 1000k group where you have no challenge at all? Were you seriously doubting to reach 1000k by the end of the year?

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.