1000Km-621 mile club

April 13th - Weekly Check-In (Read 198 times)

Hi, all. Short and sweet this week. I ran that 5K race last Sat and did a hike on Monday and then took the next 5 days off. My foot is not horrible, but it did swell. So DH and I decided at least 5 days off with rest and icing several times a day might get me pain free. I'm not totally pain free but the foot is not swollen and only aches a bit after I run. I was totally cranky last week and I'd rather have a bit of pain then be that cranky. Roll eyes Mon - Friday - off (some walking through out the week Tongue Sat 3.5 - felt really good Sun 4.06 - a bit of burning in foot but not bad. Week total - 7.6 That bunny is getting closer and I'm not liking it one bit. MTA: The bunny is not the only one putting mile on me.....I'm now chasing you Anne :-) BTW I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday of this week and will not be back until next Monday. Someone is going to have to start the weekly check in for me next Sunday! I really enjoy hearing what eveyone has done!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Horrible week for me. Monday was a scheduled day off, then I got sick on Tuesday and am still feeling the effects today. I had a horrible sinus infection and could barely walk up a flight of stares without gasping for breath. Feels like it is breaking up toay so I hope to be running by Wednesday, need to get some miles in before my 5-mile race this Saturday.

Maggie & Molly

I actually got some miles in this week: Mon 2 Tues 2 Wed 2 Thurs 3.51 Fri off Sat off Sun 6.37 that gives me about 16 for the week - big improvement over my last weeks. Time ~~ I hope everything is ok with your foot. I must have missed something but did you injure it? Why the swelling?

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Horrible week for me. Monday was a scheduled day off, then I got sick on Tuesday and am still feeling the effects today. I had a horrible sinus infection and could barely walk up a flight of stares without gasping for breath. Feels like it is breaking up toay so I hope to be running by Wednesday, need to get some miles in before my 5-mile race this Saturday.
          I hate getting sick. It ruins everything! I am 2 for 2. Made my goal of 20 miles again! It's been a while !!! Great job, everyone!

- Anya

obiebyke

Getting back on the horse after being so sick. Tues: 2.61 Thurs: 2.51 Sat: 2.54 (HOT) Total: 7.66 One more week of similar mileage, then starting one hour runner. I learned something: if it's hot, DON'T RUN. Wait or do treadmill. I was suffering!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

All you poor sickies! I hope everyone starts to recover, the weather is really clearing up around here, so maybe we'll get over winter and colds and everything finally. Definitely not my best running week ever but I'm just so busy! (I'm not complaining..I am beyond excited for my wedding this weekend!!) tuesday 2.3 thursday a very fast 1.26 since the wind and rain were practically turning into frostbite...did not manage my planned 3 mi! Saturday 3 mi on the indoor track...i thought I was done with that darn place for the year
              Heroes never die. They just reload.
              AnneCA

I had a good week running, 18.8 total again, but I totally flaked on the gym and any weight work-outs. I think one evening I did some sit-ups while watching TV. Tongue Anyway, I'm just beyond swamped at work, but at least I'm still getting those miles in. Gayle -- glad to hear you're giving that foot some rest. Enjoy your vacation! Obie -- yeah, it was HOT, wasn't it? I run in the morning, but, even still, Sunday morning was dramatically unseasonable, and I did 7 miles. Nice to have some more typical cool weather back this morning. Good luck with the transition to one-hour runner. Cherrie -- that's a great week! Daisy -- congrats on the wedding -- you sound so relaxed and happy about that last week before. A very good sign! Hello and happy trails to everyone!
                  Not too bad last week, considering. I did what I could, what with a missing husband a couple nights and my son's baseball practice, I got in a whoppin' total of 7 miles. Monday: 1.8 Thursday: 1.5 run, 45 minutes yoga Friday: 1.2 Saturday: 4.5 mile hike Sunday: 2.5 The shorter 1+ miles were with my son, him on a bike, me running. He got tired quickly (he's way too big for his bike and pedals like crazy, and then tires out. He has a bigger bike but is too afraid of it, as he's a little short for it yet) so that's as far as we could go on those days. I used to opt to not go those days, but decided even a mile is better than nothing at all. This week is already looking to be challenging -- no husband tonight or tomorrow, baseball Wednesday, babysitting my 3-year old niece Thursday. And my sore throat from last week has turned into a nice head cold. All in a day's work. Big grin I'm so far behind the bunny... I haven't looked in a long time. I thought about removing myself from this group but I'm not giving up. I'm working towards 5-6 mile runs 4 times a week so if I can do that, I can catch up. I'll reassess in September. Smile Hiking season is upon me so I will continue to run as much as I can to help push my rear up those mountains!!

Michelle

Hey Folks, Last week was great! Sticking to the Team Oregon training plan like super glue! Legs are pleasantly stressed, no pain, just a little stiff in the am. Sunday long run of 7 miles! Hoorah! Fat doesn't shake as much after 4 weeks of solid training. Yesterday was the first "Officail" day of Marothon training for the MCM in Washington DC this October. Last week was 3-3-5-3-5-2-7. Go team Oregon!

Fool

I'm soundly ahead of that &^@#% bunny finally. Ran my first 21 mile week, which as a newb (started C25K in September), has me a bit pleasantly surprised. I also ran my longest stretch at 9 miles, and decided to follow a friends advice to slow the pace down and felt great after. I'm a slow learner, but I'm learning a bunch of stuff on this site. Next stop, off the treadmill and into my new trail runners. Big grin We're gonna need a bigger bunny next year if this keeps up. Wink
                        Hello all I'm glad to see that some people are getting back at it, nice and steady. That's smart. You sickies get better - soon. I did 19.3 miles - wow, but I am having difficulty getting shorter runs in - mine seem to be getting longer but farther apart. That's not good all the time. I have new shoes that are really bothering me - not sure whether it's the shoes or the longer runs. Anyhoo, I decided today that I'm going back to my foot guy to see what's up with my orthotics. Got a race in a couple of weeks! Have a good week, everyone.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.