1000Km-621 mile club

What are you doing this weekend? (Read 313 times)

I'm headed off to my folks in western Kansas. DH and I didn't get to visit for Christmas so this will be our Christmas trip home. When I talked to Dad tonight he said it will be in the 50 and 60s over the weekend so I'm hoping I'll have time to get a run in each day. (Otherwise that dang bunny will be closing in!) It was so COLD running today. Sun was shining but it was so cold. I'm looking forward to seeing family and some warmer weather. What is everyone else doing?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

talie

trying to beat the bunny

Nothing too exciting here other than cleaning. I'm hoping to get a couple of runs in if the weather cooperates.
      Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
      - run 1000K
      - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???
        My 31st b-day is on Saturday, but I'll be working the midshift (didn't see the point in taking it off when my wife and son aren't out here yet with me)... Hope to catch some bad guys as a birthday present! And oh yeah, get in a longer run as well... Cool
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Maggie & Molly

nothing much here either. I've had a bit of a 'stomach thing' for the last week and haven't run AT ALL so it would be nice to get at least one nice run in but it will depend on the belly situation.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I'm having a wine tasting party tonight. Other than that hoping it will warm up some this weekend. It was 3 degrees here before the wind chilld. I don't normally run on the weekends because we're usually skiing or diving or hiking or some other physical activity, but there's nothing like that planned for this weekend. So maybe I will to help off set the wine I'll be drinking tonight.
            Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
              I have a Ladies Night dinner party tonight and then work tomorrow. That means I have to go easy on the wine tonight but I bet my scale will thank me on Monday. Smile I don't know what to do on Sunday without football. Maybe I can run a little later in the day, you know, now that I don't have to worry about a 1:15pm kick off.
              Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/
                I'm running a half marathon tomorrow morning. I really hope it warms up. Brrr. And then driving to Columbia, Missouri for my friend's 30th birthday party at my alma mater. I can't wait to hang out on campus again!! Happy birthday David!

Running at the mountain tomorrow, running near home on Sunday, most likely.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Six mile run, heading out from my house. That will be a record for me. I'm psyched. "Spirit of the Marathon" really motivated me! Now I just have to be careful to stick to my running plan and not get carried away.
                      I'm running a half marathon tomorrow morning. I really hope it warms up. Brrr. And then driving to Columbia, Missouri for my friend's 30th birthday party at my alma mater. I can't wait to hang out on campus again!! Happy birthday David!
                      Thanks for the happy b-day and GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! Come back with a report on the half marathon! Wink
                      "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                      AnneCA

Buying new running shoes! I've got some new aches and pains, and I'm going to blame my shoes (which do probably have almost 500 miles on them, and are 13 months old). Of course, I also have, over the two weeks before, increased my mileage some, but I don't want to blame that yet. So, new shoes! And some rest and ice . . . . I'll try a run, slowly, again on Monday. Although, I could also sure use a wine tasting party or a ladies night dinner Wink Sholtsman -- good luck with the half!!!

Renee the dog

Running 6 today, 3 tomorrow. Squeezing in a huge Chinese banquet in between. Our local place throws a bash before closing for "the winter." (In reality, they only stay closed for a couple weeks anymore, but still throw the bash). Other than that, I have to clean the house. That's cross-training, right?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Other than that, I have to clean the house. That's cross-training, right?
                            ABSOLUTELY! Big grin Listen, if you've gotta clean you might as well look at it as cross training/burning calories. Good luck with that!
                            Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/
                            TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

I worked this weekend so I could have the next off. I took Saturday off and ran my long run (11 mile) early Sunday AM before work in the rain Roll eyes. I 've got a 15K trail run on this comming Sunday. It been raining a lot in Southern CA and it's supposed to rain again next weekend. This race is my first in a long time.
                              Find the fun.
                                Sounds like everyone had fun this weekend. I enjoyed the time with my folks and my brother and his family. Over all to soon. Sad I got in 2 runs....or maybe I should call it a run and half. My niece and nephew decided to ride their bikes with me while I ran. My niece was not strong enough to ride again the 20 to 25 mph winds so I ended up trying to push her bike while running. Whew! Hard work..... Ended up walking with her a bit and then we turned around and ran with the wind. The kids had a blast! Big grin Happy bitrhday, David! Did you get your longer run an and catch some bad guys? Wink Ginny, I want one of your kind of weekends! Wow! Sara, How did you race go? Saw that you ran it....but no comments (sorry log lurking. Smile ) TrailSurfer, make sure you tell us how you upcoming race goes. Meg, you should have plenty of football next weekend. Evil grin Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did! Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble