1000Km-621 mile club

The Turtle Moves - July 31st (Read 219 times)

You crossed the finish line.  Yeah!  Great job!  You have beat the rabbit, but are still chasing Hoppity

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Thank you Time2Run.  Yes, still chasing Hoppity, and looks like it will stay that way unless she gets injured again (or I hide all her running shoes).

Hmmmm......hiding her running shows might help for a bit, BUT it would be very bad for your health if or more likely WHEN he catches you. 

Great job you two.....sometimes I wish my spouse would take up running again.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

If my shoes go missing there will be no evening meals cooked while The Turtle Moves runs.  I will also become (even more) unbearable to live with and he will surrender them.  

It's nice sharing running, we don't always share runs (tend to only run together at the weekend), but that works well as our long runs fit together nicely, whilst our weekday runs are less compatible (The Turtle Moves moves faster than my Hoppity-ing ways plus, if we run separately it means we actually manage to eat at a reasonable time).  It does however mean that running is a common topic of conversation, and a cause of sulking if one of us is getting significantly more time to run than the other.  I've given up caring that I'm the least talented runner out of the two of us, and just enjoy having someone to share the hobby with!

Now I just have to try and maintain (or increase) my lead!  We're on holiday for two weeks from Saturday, so all runs will be together, and I'm not sure how much we'll fit in as it's meant to be a climbing/bouldering trip and not a running one .

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."