1000 Mile Club

1,000+ (Read 494 times)

For those of you folks who were 'bustin' balls' earlier in the year about others hogging the top spots and who were already over 1,000 miles for the year, perhaps, after a brief victory lap, it is time for you to move on as well and give others a shot at glory... Wink
      Yeah, what he said! Scram, tcrum! You've already done the equivalent of 20 victory marathons! Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heck, tcrum has crossed the finish line for the 1500 mile group and is on her way to hitting 2k. Everyone should move along and join the thread I started on the general running board once they max-out here. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I suspect that poor, unwanted tcrum isn't visiting this board very often. Hey, RunB, you have access to seeing when the last time someone visited the group was. Have they been here in the last few months? Also, can I suggest that at the end of the year you go ahead and kick EVERYONE out of the group - making them rejoin if they want to meet 1000 miles for 2008? That'll make sure it's only people currently working toward the 1000 mile goal.

Roads were made for journeys...

RunB hasn't logged miles in over 6 months either. Probably time to find a new group admin for next year.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Carl A

Hey, thanks in part to the efforts of those who've reached 1000 already, I'm seeing me today on page 1! Two pages in six months. If this keeps up, I may be at page -1 in December!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Also, can I suggest that at the end of the year you go ahead and kick EVERYONE out of the group - making them rejoin if they want to meet 1000 miles for 2008? That'll make sure it's only people currently working toward the 1000 mile goal.
                I was wondering how the mileage groups would work for 2008. I would assume that Eric can reset everyone. Wonder if Eric could name a new admin. for this group, too? Ok, back outta here--good work, everyone! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

IMSIRunner

or maybe someon could start a new 1000 mile group for 2008?
                  5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
                  derek

Eric can change the admin. He did it for the Chicago Marathon. If someone is willing to take over the reigns, they can try posting a forum message for Eric in the main forums. That is what Berner did for the Chicago Marathon group

Derek

IMSIRunner

I went ahead and posted for eric in the main forums about this, This is a cool group and we can make it cooler next year with a fulltime admin.
                      5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
                      Gig

...perhaps, after a brief victory lap, it is time for you to move on as well and give others a shot at glory... Wink
                        I didn't think too much of this issue while I was on page 3 and page 2, but when I reached page 1, it really did give me that extra spark of motivation for the home stretch. 17 slots are now occupied by people who have reached the goal. 17 other people could feel that extra adrenalin rush. Come on, guys! Sad

Dog-Love

Alright you 19 folks in front of me who have already hit the 1000 mile goal and are blocking the finish line....SCRAM! Wink That's only 1000 mile group etiquette...you now have had your glory and a week of relishing this goal should be plenty...OK maybe 10 days but there are a pack of folks on my tail and someone with less than 50 miles to go is on page 2...Let them get on page 1!
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                            crabby - i think lots of people are signing up for next year now. not much to be done about it for this year i think. next year eric's plan for having them taken off the list when they reach 1000 is a good one.

Dog-Love

Ah...OK then...I will slide around them
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                                Yeah, but it sucks that they had their turn at the top and are blocking those that are busting it to make it to the finish line. While Eric's idea will solve this problem in the future, I think for right now Crabby should be able to kick out people. As an admin, Crabby can see the last time they logged in. I'm willing to bet that some of those at the very top haven't been here in a long long time and probably don't even remember they joined (like those that have crossed 1500 or 2000). Crabby, I'd say if someone at the top hasn't been here in a month, boot 'em! Even if they want to join again next year, it's not hard to do that on Jan. 1st. Then again, I'm in the same boat as Crabby, so my opinion is biasedWink