1000 Mile Club

Why you joined? (Read 262 times)

IMSIRunner

I want to come up with some ideas to help improve the group and thought it would help if I asked why you joined the group. I know the goal is to run 1000 miles, but did you join for friends, motivation, what?? I guess i will start out by saying that I joined because I actually came up with the idea to run 1000 miles before I found this group. I needed motivation and figured why not get it from other people with the same goal. I originally set the goal because I took a couple long breaks from running and that made me start getting fat and increasing my stress.
    5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com

Kill

I joined both the 1000K and 1000 mile groups because I wasn't sure how long I would run this year. For me chasing the bunny helped with my motivation before I started using marathon training schedules. Now it's a fun little game to see how far I can go.

Passion is a rather frightening thing because if you have passion you don't know where it will take you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Gig

I've been using the RH site for a few years now. I came up with the idea running 1k miles by thinking "What if I ran 10 miles a week," and then "what if I ran 15/wk." I put together a spreadsheet and realized that 20/week would get me past 1,000. It seemed like a reach, but I decided to try it. I knew I'd need help, so I started looking online for support groups online. I had just about given up, when I asked myself what that Community tab on the RH site was. I found you guys, and you've been pushing me forward ever since. (Also, I joined to catch Crabby!)

Dog-Love

I joined to motivate me to run more. I was training for a marathon and thought this was the year to run 1000k. But then I started noticing how fun it was to move from page 4 to 3 to 2 and now...yes gig, I am on page 1. It really is a motivator to stay ahead or creep up on folks. The main point is, it keeps me running when maybe I would slack off. Running 20 miles/week is challenging. I don't know any of the folks using RA (well maybe one who lives in Juneau) but I find it interesting to post encouragement. Hey Gig I'm less than 2 marathons ahead now and I am not running today. But tomorrow I am planning on running 6.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Gig

Hooray, Crabby! Less than 2 marathons ahead of me, and but less than 5 from 1,000. I'll catch the PB in two weeks, and then, soon after, I'll meet you on Page 1.
              I joined last summer because I was just a little under the pace needed and I was looking for a boost. Thanks, all, for that!
                I joined because I made a half-hearted attempt at returning to the sport of running in 2006. After finding this site and entering my '06 workouts into the log, I discovered that I had run less than 200 miles all last year despite having some pretty lofty goals. When I found the 1000k and 1000 mile groups, I joined both because I too wasn't sure what 2007 would hold in store for me... but I knew that in order to reach my goals, logging the miles would be key... and what better way to help do it than to join a group of other individuals with the same goal in mind!