1000 Mile Club

Hey Gig (Read 859 times)

Dog-Love

We are neck and neck!!!  How about we try to git our sorry buts off the 5th page???  Hope you are well and are enjoying the winter.  I have had some issues but am feeling like getting back into the trail runs again.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    Gig

Issues, huh? Issues sound like valid excuses, and I have absolutely none (unless you count laziness and a fondness for sleeping in an issue).

Page 4 sounds like a reasonable goal for now. I got some new shoes yesterday, and suddenly everything's right. (Click for video.) I'm ready to get started, um, tomorrow. Smile

Dog-Love

Great song Gig and I may add it to my running tunes!  I am still slow going although I ran today witih a friend and it felt GREAT!  So need to shed some lbs and get back to my favorite distances which is around 7 miles.  So come on and git your new shoes on~

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Gig

I ran a 10 mile race yesterday after almost no training, and I survived it just fine. I have rebar legs today--strong and inflexible--but I'd have that no matter how much I trained. So running the whole distance at a consistent (slow) pace is a good confidence boost. Hopefully it'll translate into more miles.

Gig

Crabby! Just 1½ miles to page 4 for you. I'll be there soon.

Dog-Love

Got it and thanks for the push.  Had a really nice and slow 3.5 mile run out in the wetlands in the evening. 

Gig

Hi Crabby. I just uploaded a bunch of runs and checked my total, then yours. I expected that you'd be light years ahead of me. You are way past me, but not as far as I thought. It looks like you and I are both in sort of a coasting mode this year. I'm stepping up my running a little bit, planning to get faster for a one mile race in July. Other than that, though, I'm just looking for a nice work/life/running balance. Smile

I would like to be more regular with my running, maybe even reaching 500 miles by the end of the year, but mostly I'm taking it easy. For now, anyway. Who knows if the marathon bug will suddenly bite me in the ass.

Dog-Love

I am right there with you.  Have been biking a bit more...not super interested in slogginf out the miles but rather getting faster at the 5K distance.  My son graduated from high school and it is such a balance this work family and fitness. 

My goal is to get back to 3-4 times a week 4-6 miles a run with an interval workout at the track when it is nice outside.  And today it is gorgeous outside! 

I still have the Baltimore marathon in mind one of these years.  Don't know why, must be that crab medal

Gig

Hey Crabby, I'm finally starting to catch you. Last Friday, I started counting calories in a push to drop 2½ pounds per week for five weeks. Yesterday was the end of the first week, and I shed 5.2 pounds. My ultimate goal is to get down to 165 (from 187 as of last Friday. I don't plan to get there during this five weeks--just close to 170--but at this rate I might. 

The calorie counting is helping me eat less, but it's also motivating me to burn more. I know from my personal history that if I stay motivated, getting to 170 is pretty simple--hard, but simple. From 170 to 165 is a whole different diet/exercise regimen that, as far as I can tell, hasn't been invented yet.Shy

Dog-Love

Hi Gig

Just entered my 4.4 miles this week and got onto the next page and just behind or infront of you.  I have been on the Bering Sea for over 3 weeks and have not run at all.  But amazingly hard work and 3 meals a day no alcohol took 5 pounds off of me.  I have a relay race that I do every year coming up in October but other than that I think I am going to keep my running at around 3-5 miles 3-5 times a week.  We shall see. 

When I logged on I saw that you were ahead and this little competitive neuron kicked on.  Thanks for runnign with me!

Dog-Love

Ummm...say Gig...I just cleaned up the member list and we are falling way behind.  Think I might bump up my mileage.  I am behind you, but not by  a whole bunch.  Watch your back! 

Gig

Oh, snap. You passed me. Angry Actually, I have two weeks of runs I need to enter. I've been a little lazy about running, but much lazier about logging. I was going to take it easy this afternoon, but between the cookie I had after lunch today, my calorie counting, and you, I think I need to put in a few miles tonight.

Actually, I ran an 8K race yesterday in my VFFs, and my calves are pretty pissed off about it today. A couple of miles to warm them up followed by some easy stretching might be necessary.

Gig

I passed you, Crabby. Joking Go run!

Dog-Love

YIKES!!!  You passed me in a big way.  I ran 8 today so I am feeling like I am back to my running self.  Oh and I cleaned up the member list so now you are on page three! 

Gig

I just did some long-overdue run logging, but you're still in front. Tomorrow I have a "metric marathon," 26.2 km. I am honestly not in the least prepared for this, but I'll do my best to have a good time.