1000 Mile Club

How many countries represented in your 1000? (Read 526 times)

Michael Bennett

Three countries - the Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand. Tried to do Singapore too in a stopover at Changi Airport (they have a gym with a treadmill) but ran out of time. Any other Auckland 1000 milers?
    Kenotic Runner

He, he, he, I've run in the fitness centre in Singapore airport several times myself! Just didn't do it in 2007. For my 1,103 miles over the last 12 months, I've run in the following countries: - US - see below - France - Parc National de la Vanoise in the Alps - India - the Maidan Park in Calcutta, the Marina in Chennai, Leela Palace Spa in Bangalore - Switzerland - Hotel dreadmill in Geneva In the US, I've run in the following states this year: - Colorado - my home states so lots of roads, lots of trails - California - up and down the beach nearly everywhere between Venice Beach and Dana Point, all over San Francisco and Marin, a bit along the American River in Sacramento too - Illinois - along Lake Michigan in Chicago - Florida - in and around the roads of Walt Disney World in Orlando - Iowa - downtown Des Moines - Kentucky - downtown Louisville - Indiana - across the bridge from downtown Louisville - Pennsylvania - downtown Philadelphia, along the landmarks - Rhode Island - downtown Providence, nice hills - Nevada - up and down The Strip in Las Vegas - Arizona - neighborhood streets - New York - Rockefeller State Park in Tarrytown - Kansas - Great Plains highways My business travels take me lots of places and it is a pleasure to run wherever I go. It gives one a strong sense of "being there." As well as helps one feel significantly like a local after just a few runs of an area. In 2006, I also ran in the UK some and in Singapore some and an additional five or so different states beyond the ones listed above.
        This is really neat to see. Though I only ran 400 miles since I started in July, I did it in 3 countries: Canada (Ontario) USA (DC, Virginia, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Oregon) Holland (Amsterdam) I have some travels planned for next fall, so I should be able to hit more countries next year!

sean

db7

Canada and the US Colorado Mississippi Montana Indiana Iowa Florida ....but I didn't run 1000mi this year, hopefully next year, I think I'll start tomorrow!! DB forgot about Georgia

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Running safely

PapaBanucci, I will catch you next year in the number of locations. This year was a bit boring for me. Countries: US, Mexico US States: Texas, California Mexican States: Yucatan (the bulk of my running), Campeche, Tabasco, Veracruz, Tamaulipas. Next year I will probably have 15 US states and about the same Mexican states as this year.
            bas

In my 896 miles: The Netherlands (where I live) England (Devon) USA (New York City + Massachusetts) bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Well, in 2007 I ran in Ireland (where I live), England, Northern Ireland, the US (namely, New York, Philadelphia & California). I can only claim Ireland in 2008 so far Smile Liam
                  In my 600 miles in 2007 I ran in the US and Jamaica (barefoot runs on the beach, nice) and just Oklahoma (home) and Nebraska (parents) for states. I've got to be more diverse this year.
                    No different countries for me in 2007...2008 will be different, though, as we're planning a trip to New Zealand. OK, so states: Texas (shouldn't Texas count as more than one state, since it's so big?) Big grin Oklahoma California Colorado Hawaii Looks like that's it, 5 states for me. Lorrie
                      Funny......I had been thinking about this very topic recently as I reviewed my running in 2007 Only states but they included: Virginia (where I live), North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Nevada, Ohio, Tennessee. What is funny is that I figured this out just after I had told someone I hadn't travelled at all in 2007.
                      Vista

...---...

Texas (shouldn't Texas count as more than one state, since it's so big?) Big grin
                        YES. If you run in Dallas, Houston, and then El Paso, it's like running in both Carolinas and then Georgia...in terms of distance.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Last year i ran in two countries, Australia and USA Ran in 4 Australian locations (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Tasmania) Ran in LA, San Fran, Vegas, NYC, Washington DC, New Orleans and Hawaii while on holidays in the US. Now i bought a house no overseas travel this year, just lots of exploring new places around home

Just running for the fun of it!

LTD

I travel almost every weekend from Feb. - Nov. with my job. Nothing overseas though. I should get to run in: NC, SC, GA, FL, TN, VA, DE, PA, NY, NH, MA, IL, KS, AR, NV, TX, CA. Terry
                            Kenotic Runner

I travel almost every weekend from Feb. - Nov. with my job. Nothing overseas though. I should get to run in: NC, SC, GA, FL, TN, VA, DE, PA, NY, NH, MA, IL, KS, AR, NV, TX, CA. Terry
                              Cool. Check out my Courses on my log. You might want to track like I do. Would be interesting.
                              LTD

Great idea. Hadn't thought of logging all the places on here. Will be fun to go back and check at years end. Thanks' Terry