1000 Mile Club

Fast hike? (Read 313 times)

Afternoon all. I'm scheduled to do a 10 mile fast trail hike Monday. Does that count or is it just running? Thanks! Rachel
    Rachel

Beatin' on the Rock

I have no qualifications to anwer, but I will anyway: Heck ya! Big grin
      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
        A 10 mile hike sounds a lot harder than a 10 mile run in my book! During my marathon training last year I was running about 16-18 miles for my long runs, and hiked 6 miles in the woods the day before one of my long runs (thought it would be cake)-and I couldn't walk for a week!!! My quads and calves were killing me! More power to you!
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Right now, the YTD distance chart is only picking up on miles logged as runs, so if you want it to count make sure to create a run type called "trail hike" or something similar. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Ok I'm back. Came a few minutes short of my best time but still finished in 3:34. Saw a nice gopher tortise and some scrub jays. What I DIDN'T see was a single person the entire hike! Ahhh I love state parks on a Monday! Big grin
            Rachel

Beatin' on the Rock

Ok I'm back. Came a few minutes short of my best time but still finished in 3:34. Saw a nice gopher tortise and some scrub jays. What I DIDN'T see was a single person the entire hike! Ahhh I love state parks on a Monday! Big grin
              My Fellow Paradisian: I feel you... Big grin We saw a family of wood storks - always a favorite - in the Myakkahatchee today. A gator across the creek, and some horse footprints, but no horses. How good can it get?
              Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.