1000 Mile Club

Welcome to 2011 (Read 855 times)

Gig

Happy new year, everybody. I'm excited that I started the new year off with a run, after months with very little pavement pounding. 2011 is going to be a great year.

I agree!  This has got to be a better year.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I'm spotting the bunny the first few miles of 2011.  Poor thing was pretty discouraged when I hit 1000 on Dec 31.Big grin

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

gpwoodburn

Hello, everybody, my name is Glen.  I am looking forward to running 1000 miles in 2011.  I will be turning 41 this year and have just gotten back into running.  I used to love to run when I was in my early teens!  I am taking this challenge to try and keep up with my own mother who ran 1000 times when she was 40.  I have 4 young children, as she did, and want to set a good example for them.

Good luck everyone, I wish you all the best on your journey.

Glen

London, Ontario

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I'm going to try again. Got 924 mi in for 2010, partially due to having to cut back due to work load in the spring. One of the reasons I retired in Oct - to allow more time to run! Should make it easier to achieve 1000 mi goal this year.

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Seanv2

Good luck to everyone in running 1000 miles in 2011. Last year I mantained a list of those who had crossed the line in 2010, I don't have the time to continue doing that for 2011 but if anyone else has the interest, they should step up.

Thanks!

Sean

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Gig

Hello, everybody, my name is Glen.  I am looking forward to running 1000 miles in 2011.  I will be turning 41 this year and have just gotten back into running.  I used to love to run when I was in my early teens!  I am taking this challenge to try and keep up with my own mother who ran 1000 times when she was 40.  I have 4 young children, as she did, and want to set a good example for them.

Good luck everyone, I wish you all the best on your journey.

Glen

London, Ontario

Hi Glen. Welcome to the group. I first ran 1,000 miles in a year a few years ago, and there's no way I would have achieved anything close without this group supporting me. You've found an excellent source of constant motivation here. Good luck!

Hello Everyone I am new to this board so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Larry I am 51 years old and been running since about 1997. I am coming off a bad year last year and am hoping to get back in the groove this year. I have no goals except to stay healthy and run as much as my body allows.

Good luck to all of you and I look forward to learning about all of you over the next 12 months.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Well here I go! My name is Bernadette , 20, from Indiana. I'm currently in Virginia for nursing school! New to the group, not new to exercise/sports. Definitely new to distance running. I hope to complete my first half marathon this year Smile

Well, I've joined both the 1000 km  and the 1000 mile club.   I'm not sure what I'll be able to do this year.  I'd rather do the 1000 miles if I can !

- Anya

hey guys! i'm matt, freshman in college, and i have no idea if i've achieved this before or even come close, since i've never actually logged all my miles for a year :P so we'll see how this goes. i logged all my summer training throughout high school and was able to hit 250+, so i figure i just have to maintain that all year! (just...ha). good luck everyone! (or w/e you say in running..definitely not luck...)

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself since I decided to participate in this club/user group.  My name is Tom and I live and grew up in Southern Maine.  I ran X-C in high school and freshman year of college and did a bunch of mtb racing during that time.  Now I'm a little older (32), married to a runner wife (she also ran x-c in HS) and have a 3 year old tot to chase around.

1998 - 2004 contained very little (aka zero) running and I hit my heaviest weight.  In 2004 I started road biking some, and got back into mountain biking.  In 2007 my son was born and my wife and I ramped up the running from there.  She ramped up a bit quicker than me, which I attribute to her age being 3 years younger....hahahaha.

Last year I did the Beach to Beacon 10k (my first 10k) and my first sprint triathlon; and have completed a couple of 5ks in the previous years.  The triathlon went better than expected and the 10k was completed with very minimal training after a period of couch time and concentration of road biking.  I put in just over 1200 on the bike and just shy of 500 running.  My wife completed had a goal and completed a marathon this year under 4 hours which we were ecstatic about.  She was able to clock over 1200 miles this year as a result of the marathon training.

This group has inspired me to really hit that 1k mile mark for the year.  I'm willing to sacrifice some time on the road bike this year to allow more run training.  I'm hoping to get my run training to be habitual rather than...hey I need to run more to lose weight for the bike.

Anyhow I've written a book already and hope to continue my enthusiasm for attacking the pace bunny for all of 2011.  Hopefully I'll pass the little pace bunny sucker today because I started my year with a long road ride on new years day and needed a couple of recovery days before advancing my run log past 0 on 1/3.

Good luck to all and happy new year.

Lu481

Hi all,

Welcome to all the new members...

I've hit the 1000 miles a year now for the last 3 years and am onto year number 4....  The last 2 years I had to push myself hard for the last few months just to make it, due to the down time I experienced with injuries....  But I did it... 

Now, If I can just learn not to push myself too hard and avoid all those pesky little injuries, then perhaps I'll even complete a larger goal this year....

Good luck everyone....  And Happy New Year.!!!

Lu

Lizard-82

Hi, My name is Ashley. I'm 28 years old and I have always hated running. I joined an elite club last year by attempting and completing a triathlon and it was crazy. I blasted through the biking part due to just sheer God given talent, but I honestly hate running. Every time I set out to run I get shin splints my ribs hurt and it's just boring to me. So I made a goal this year to run 1,000 miles in the year 2011. It's a LARGE goal for me but I made such a large goal to actually accomplish a few things 1. to learn to enjoy running, 2. find myself, 3. lose weight, and 4. be a better person mentally, physically and spiritually. After downloading a book on my Kindle I started reading about running and it mentioned this website as a mileage tracker and while playing around I found this group. So please feel free to blow up my email if I start to slack off, I'm trying to stay on a good pace and work in time to run between working 40 hours, attending nursing school at night, friends, family, and working in the other goal of bicycling 1,000 miles this year.

Hello all.  I'm going to try for 1000 miles this year, though I've started 2011 slowly.   I've never tracked my miles consistently throughout a year, but I don't think I've ever done 1000.  I'm hoping that this goal will help me run more consistently, which tends to be a challenge for me.