1000 Mile Club

Status report (Read 326 times)

Gig

I was cruisin'. I had about two tenths of a mile to reach page 1. Then, my ankle started bugging me. That was about two weeks ago, and after trying to run through it for a week, I've been trying to stay off it. Tomorrow I'll give it a go again with a shorter run, and try to regain my momentum.
      Do you think it's your achilles? That's what happened to me. You have to be VERY careful with that, because it can go from acute to chronic, not a good thing. Can you see a doctor and get some PT? That's very helpful. They told me it was a really good thing I stopped running on it as quickly as I did, or it could have been much worse. Good luck!!

Dave

Ditto on the achilles. That was the injury that cost me nearly 6 weeks back in April. Be careful.
        I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com
        Gig

So, I took a hard look to figure out what was going wrong. Then, by accident, I clicked the SHOES link and saw that I had more than 600 miles on my current ones. I have since gotten two new pairs of shoes. The ankle is getting better. It still nags me, but very little. Meantime, it permits me to run again.