1000 Mile Club

Missed a few runs last week. But, I've got a good reason... (Read 336 times)

Our daughter, Sidney Catherine Patrick was born on Wed Feb 14, 2007 (Valentine's Day), on what can only be described as the worst snow storm to hit the greater Toronto area this year. She came wailing into the world, all 5 lbs, 6 oz of her, at 11:01 a.m. Mum and Dad were quite surprised, as she was not expected until Mar 17 (St. Patrick's Day), but are thrilled nevertheless. Both mum and babe are doing great. Sid 'the kid' has skinny little legs, but is already showing promise as a distance runner. Thought I'd share...
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dave, that's awesome! Congrats to you all! Feb. is the best month to be born in, which she obviously knew in-utero. I predict a genius child! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

Congratulations! She looks like a cute little runner. Wink And hey, if you've got to choose between St. Patty's day and Valentine's day, why not go for love. Now get a run in when you can. . .
        deb
          Congratulations! What a cutie!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Now this is the best excuse for not running I have ever heard of. Congratulations! Share some pictures with us. Ewa
            I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
              Congratulations!!!
              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                Congratulations!!!! Definetly the best reason to miss some runs!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dog-Love

Congratulations on a new Valentine! Nothing like a new baby in the house. I remember it as very peaceful.
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    Congratulations, Dave! We have a 9 month old little boy who arrived 5 days before my first 10k (the first time I'd even run the distance let alone raced it!). As I'm sure you agree, it is (the birth not the 10k) the most unbelievable experience! All the best with the family and keeping the training going around all that will be filling your time. Cheers, FC
                      Thanks all. We're having a blast. Managed to get my long run in this morning. It was -13C (-21C with the wind chill), but an otherwise gorgeous, sunny day. I dragged my ass to the end, but it is done. Next week: Chilly Half Marathon in Burlington, ON (Canada) - only my second Half. Using this as a tune-up for a 30K race at the end of March (Around the Bay in Hamilton, ON). Send me good vibes and best wishes for some sleep this week. These 3 a.m. feedings are a killer! Hats off to the Missus. She's the true Star in our house!
                        CONGRATULATIONS!
                        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4