1000 Mile Club

Assigning new group owner (Read 410 times)

eric :)

Hi everyone! I like to assign a new owner to this group before the year ends so you guys can prepare for the new year. IMSIRunner has volunteered for the job. If anyone else like to take the reins, please let me know. If no one pipes up, then he'll be the new owner. eric Smile

Dog-Love

Hi Eric...I was going to volunteer for the job, but I looked up IMSIRunner and he seems like he is motivated to run the 1000 miles and he is not a 2000+ mile a year runner who will desert us sometime in July 08. I just hadn't seen him post much. Have at it IMSIRunner
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Can both Crabby and IMISRunner be admins? That was (just in case) one disappears for awhile, the other is still around. I'd volunteer, but I'm hoping to get close to 1500 next year so I won't be around for the whole year.
        eric :)

There can only be one owner in each group and only the owner can appoint admins. I prefer to have someone that's been a member of this site for a while for the reason Sherry mentioned. MTA: I made Sherry and Shawn admins. I'll set the ownership when the new year nears.
          IMSIRunner

I guess since I am being considered I will let you know that I would intend on running the group consistantly for quite a while and seem to have the same goals everyone else here has. I joined this group only after discovering it a couple months ago, well into the year, and am set to run 1000 miles next year. I guess my goal if I would become an admin would be to help support everyone here and keep them motivated. Any questions out there let me know
            5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
            Gig

I want to help keep everyone motivated, too--just as so many of you have done for me--but not as admin. I really appreciate IMSIrunner stepping up, and I'm all for him doing it.
              IMSIRunner

So I just noticed that I am assigned as the new group admin along with Crabby. Personally I am excited and have a bunch of great ideas I for the group here soon. I would love any input or ideas that would help make the group better, funner etc. Thanks for your support.
                5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
                  thanks for agreeing to do this IMSIrunner. i'm definitely looking forward to being part of the group again next year.
                    on the feature request forum eric mentioned this:
                    I have an idea about what to do with folks that finished the distance. Let me know what you think. Instead of displaying their distance bar, their names will be displayed as a list above the pace chart. It will free up some room for the folks that are getting close, while still getting credit for finishing. Would that work?
                    i love that idea - do you know if he is going to implement it for next year? eric - if you are reading - is it still the plan? this year i'm likely to get to between 900-950 miles and yet I doubt I'll even make it onto page 2 never mind page 1 with all the people hanging about months after they've finished Roll eyes

Dog-Love

Eric is just waiting to assign an owner (and I am fine with IMSIRunner being that). Its good to have 2 admins in case we need to make changes. I love the 1000 mile group and I don't know if I'm gonna make it this year (although I am trying) but I'll definitely make that my goal again next year! Its a great goal even if you are running 500-800 miles a year. Fun to watch yourself creep up on folks. I'm just trying to stay ahead of gig
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Gig

Crabby, you may as well be wearing rabbit ears and a cotton tail. You just became my personal pace bunny. Big grin Here's anothe thought about what to do with those who pass 1,000. Start early. On the group home page, post the names/stats/profiles on the 3 or 5 people closest to the goal, or maybe within 50 miles. So this week wenever you sign on, you'd see downshiftbarbie, amcneice, Bonkin, t_runner, and sjutton, but not TacoJoe or tcrum. Here's one more idea. Next year, instead of a pace bunny, what about a pace crab? Clowning around

Dog-Love

Oh yeah...gotta love running down those crabs. The big good eating ones I mean. Wink
                          IMSIRunner

Here's anothe thought about what to do with those who pass 1,000. Start early. On the group home page, post the names/stats/profiles on the 3 or 5 people closest to the goal, or maybe within 50 miles. So this week wenever you sign on, you'd see downshiftbarbie, amcneice, Bonkin, t_runner, and sjutton, but not TacoJoe or tcrum.
                            I like this idea, what do you think about both posting on the homepage those close to the 1000 mile mark, and maybe below that, everyone who has passed it in the year?
                            t_runner

Here's anothe thought about what to do with those who pass 1,000. Start early. On the group home page, post the names/stats/profiles on the 3 or 5 people closest to the goal, or maybe within 50 miles. So this week wenever you sign on, you'd see downshiftbarbie, amcneice, Bonkin, t_runner, and sjutton, but not TacoJoe or tcrum.
                              Good idea! And woohoo! I knew I was getting close, but I didn't know I was this close until I saw my username here. I just knew I was ahead of the bunny, that's all that matters.
                              Katie H

Chicago winter running

Sorry- I'm leaving. Wasn't sure how I was going to do this year but I've stepped it up lately. Happy Trails to all of you fine foks. See you next year!
                                We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.