1000 Mile Club

Time for some pacebunny group housekeeping? (Read 686 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Just wondering if whoever's the group owner (or admin) was going to be kicking out users who hadn't logged any runs or checked in for a half year or so... Just to make the chart smaller, if nothing else.

Roads were made for journeys...

actually i think crabby was planning on doing this once we hit 2008.
      IMSIRunner

Do you all think that we should?
        5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
          sure - if someone hasn't been into the group for over 6 (maybe even 3?) months then they are no longer an active member of the group. they can always join again if they are bothered.
            sure - if someone hasn't been into the group for over 6 (maybe even 3?) months then they are no longer an active member of the group. they can always join again if they are bothered.
            Definitely agree. I was in the 1000km group last year, and by the end of the year, the last half of the list was people who hadn't logged a run in months. Might as well start the year off with people who have at least logged a run in the last few months. They can always re-join the group if they have made a New Year's resolution to start running again!

2011 Goals:
            sub 17min 5k
            5:15 mile?
            (well, maybe next year)

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I would say maybe 3 months of no logs would be a good booting point. You would have to take into account injuries.
              Kenotic Runner

I think 3 months is fair if not generous.
                I would say maybe 3 months of no logs would be a good booting point. You would have to take into account injuries.
                Personally, I still log when injured. I log cross training or even if I do nothing. This is my evidence to myself that I'm not quitting. For me, if I were to quit logging, that would be quitting.
                Gig

I wouldn't be offended if I were kicked out and had to rejoin, if wiping the slate clean is an easier option. Hey, Papa, what's a Colorado 14er?
                    It's how Coors distributes beer here in CO. We all get 2 extra beers Wink
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

It's how Coors distributes beer here in CO. We all get 2 extra beers Wink
                      LOL, you're bad!
                      IMSIRunner

I agree, Ill start with everyone who hasnt been active over 3 months. I apologize ahead of time for anyone who gets booted who is injured or still wanting to be active in the club. Give me about a week or so to get this done.
                        5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
                        Gig

That settles it. I'm moving to Colorado.
                          Kenotic Runner

Hey, Papa, what's a Colorado 14er?
                            A peak over 14,000 ft. high. http://www.14ers.com/
                            Kenotic Runner

That settles it. I'm moving to Colorado.
                              Please don't. It's expensive. The weather is horrible. It's crowded. There's no where beautiful to run. Wink
                                Please don't. It's expensive. The weather is horrible. It's crowded. There's no where beautiful to run. Wink
                                Agreed!