1000 Mile Club

1000 in 2015 or bust (Read 49 times)

To avoid getting injured again I might not be able to stick with my "capture the rabbit“ plan.  Even the first week trying to hit 20 MPW proved to be challenging, had to cut my Sunday 7 miles run short at 4 miles since my ankle start to feel weird.  Have to take it slow.

To avoid getting injured again I might not be able to stick with my "capture the rabbit“ plan.  Even the first week trying to hit 20 MPW proved to be challenging, had to cut my Sunday 7 miles run short at 4 miles since my ankle start to feel weird.  Have to take it slow.

Better to take it slow and miss the target than get injured and miss even longer.

I think your are right.  I should be able to get 800 miles - 900 miles this year.

Better to take it slow and miss the target than get injured and miss even longer.

erinr

I just ran my goal half last weekend, and the only race I have planned for the rest of the year is a 5k next weekend.  I need to do 21.3 miles/week to hit 1,000.  My plan is to do a little over 3 miles every weekday morning, then 6-7 miles on Saturdays.  Just getting in a rhythm and developing the habit, since I don't have anything to train for right now.  I've already decided that next year I'm going to aim for 100 miles/month.  Hoping that will help me be more consistent over the course of the year (and continue to up my average mileage slowly).