1000 Mile Club

The bunny got away! (Read 307 times)

Gig

I passed the bunny on Saturday, but only did 6 where I had planned to do 13. And then on Sunday I took the day off because there was just too much going on to get a run in. Life getting in the way of running. Don't you hate it?! I'm inching closer again, but that little fellow is wily. If my long run really is long this weekend, I'll leave the bunny in the dust, but he's proving tough in the end. PS--Hey Crabby, you're on the HOME PAGE--and the home stretch!!

Dog-Love

Well well well...looks who is creeping up and set to pass me Xmas day no doubt! Just go out there and run 8.3 miles and we will get you too on the home page. If I ran a marathon today I could be done! But I will only run 3 and then travel for 4 days where I might get a run in. You're going great and I hope any injuries are a thing of the past. Did younotice that FarAndFast is only 0.1 miles away from 1000???? I would have run the extra two blocks myself. Go ahead FAF, go run down the hallway 3 or 4 times and call it good.
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Gig

Creeping is right! Getting runs in this time of year is tough! Christmas shopping, get togethers with friends and family, work functions (and the panic of your boss knowing you're not going to be there for two weeks) are making it more and more difficult. Still, I'll get five in tomorrow evening and be beyond the 50-miles-to-go mark. By the way, does the pace bunny get the nod, too? (I hope not. He's been on the homepage all year.) Farandfast is Far and away past 1K, now. Hooray for you! I'll be there soon.

Dog-Love

You are one run away from being 50 miels away from an amazing goal! I put that pace bunny on the page because he's been so steady working towards that 1K. Gotta give him credit! Course we will fry him up on New Years day for brunch!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Gig

I've been wrestling with this issue in my mind all year. Is it okay for a vegetarian to stew virtual meat? (Virtual frying is out of the question. I should at least be able to eat healthy pretend food.) I did it today! 955 and still moving. I would've passed the bunny, too, if it wasn't for my daughter's stupid ballet recital. KIDDING!! The recital was wonderful. And it turns out, I've really grateful for the four miles I did not run. I had my karate exam a little bit later in the day. I needed every scrap of energy I could muster. That thing was exhausting! Other people in my class think the regular classes are tiring, but they're really not much to me, but I put everything I had, especially emotionally speaking, into this exam. Now, I'm no longer the "dangerous white belt" I've been referring to myself as. Now I'm a dangerous yellow belt.

Dog-Love

Congradulations on everything! I'll get you up on the page today...still behind me though, yuk yuk! We have so much snow around that getting longer runs in has been tough. I have been liking the 5 and under runs through the snow. Harder effort that is for sure. Ballet recitals are a great time to rest those muscles.
              Gig

I'm on the HOMEPAGE!! I'm on the HOMEPAGE!! Wow. I'm going to make it. I won't catch you, Crabby, but I'll make it to 1,000, and maybe by Christmas. Next year, I'm shooting for 1,000,000 miles.
                  Yay, me too! Love that homepage! I won't cross the finish line by Christmas, but I'm determined to make it by New Year's Eve!
                  Gig

You'll make it. By the way, very lovely color selections on your bar chart. (There was a thread about that a long time ago.)
                      haha, thanks. I tried to make a theme where reds/pink/orange are speed runs and races, blues and greens are slower runs or walks, and purples are hills and intervals. Sometimes I open my log just to look at all the pretty colors. Blush

Dog-Love

You made me look...nice log and great mileage.